Transfer Rumors: Arsenal to Steal David Villa From Barcelona
By Czarina Malleta | January 30, 2013 12:54 PM EST
Arsenal needs a striker and they have eyes for Barcelona player David Villa. Goal.com reports that Arsenal negotiated with Barcelona in buying David Villa for their team.
Dicky Law, Gunner's contract negotiator, flew to Spain in order to negotiate the import of David Villa for the team. Arsenal's are hopeful in getting one of best leading goalscorer with just a few days left of the January window.
The Londoners were rejected by David Villa when they approached the player earlier this month. However, Arsene Wenger refuses to accept defeat as he is determined to spend big in order to build his winning team. Wenger was convinced that Barcelona has softened their stance and now considers selling Villa.
Sources told Goal.com that Villa is "very keen" to join Arsenal with his lack of opportunities at the Nou Camp. Wenger has been a vocal admirer of Villa and is willing to pay up to $28 million in order to sign him a contract with the Arsenal.
However, Goal.com also reports that the Catalans are not willing to sell Villa. A source claims that Barca is not interested in selling one of their best players. And when asked whether there was a chance to consider the negotiations, the manager simply said "No."
The Catalans made it clear that David Villa will not be available for loan or permanent transfer this January.
Wenger and the rest of the team are still in search for a striker but claims that they will only make negotiations when they have found a quality player.
"What's important is to buy players who can strengthen the squad. Otherwise, you do nothing. We have enough numbers, quality strikers," Wenger said.
Arsene also cleared out rumors that they might be loaning David Beckham for the team. He said that it was all just speculations and they just talked about fitness. Wenger confirmed that there is no truth in rumors that they are signing Beckham on a short-term loan for the Arsenals.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Rocks Semi-Nude Balmain Lattice Dress At Paris Fashion Week [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Will Probably Pick Between Amir Khan Or Manny Pacquiao For Next Fight According to Uncle Jeff
- Rafael Nadal Back In Action To Target Novak Djokovic At China Open
- Bruce Jenner Says Lamar Odom Should Follow His Heart If He Wants To Get Back Together With Khloe Kardashian
- Maria Sharapova On Relationship With Grigor Dimitrov: ‘Everything Is Great’; Dimitrov Was Present At Sharapova’s First Round Match In China
- Grigor Dimitrov Turns To Novak Djokovic For Love Advice; Dimitrov and Sharapova At The 2014 China Open
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate