Transfer Rumors: Arsenal to Steal David Villa From Barcelona
By Czarina Malleta | January 30, 2013 12:54 PM EST
Arsenal needs a striker and they have eyes for Barcelona player David Villa. Goal.com reports that Arsenal negotiated with Barcelona in buying David Villa for their team.
Dicky Law, Gunner's contract negotiator, flew to Spain in order to negotiate the import of David Villa for the team. Arsenal's are hopeful in getting one of best leading goalscorer with just a few days left of the January window.
The Londoners were rejected by David Villa when they approached the player earlier this month. However, Arsene Wenger refuses to accept defeat as he is determined to spend big in order to build his winning team. Wenger was convinced that Barcelona has softened their stance and now considers selling Villa.
Sources told Goal.com that Villa is "very keen" to join Arsenal with his lack of opportunities at the Nou Camp. Wenger has been a vocal admirer of Villa and is willing to pay up to $28 million in order to sign him a contract with the Arsenal.
However, Goal.com also reports that the Catalans are not willing to sell Villa. A source claims that Barca is not interested in selling one of their best players. And when asked whether there was a chance to consider the negotiations, the manager simply said "No."
The Catalans made it clear that David Villa will not be available for loan or permanent transfer this January.
Wenger and the rest of the team are still in search for a striker but claims that they will only make negotiations when they have found a quality player.
"What's important is to buy players who can strengthen the squad. Otherwise, you do nothing. We have enough numbers, quality strikers," Wenger said.
Arsene also cleared out rumors that they might be loaning David Beckham for the team. He said that it was all just speculations and they just talked about fitness. Wenger confirmed that there is no truth in rumors that they are signing Beckham on a short-term loan for the Arsenals.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Ronda Rousey Rejects Idea of Fight Between A Man And A Woman In The UFC
- Chelsea FC: No 'Crying' For The Blues Amid Injury Woes Ahead Of Man Utd Clash, Says Mourinho
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China