Transfer Rumors: Arsenal to Steal David Villa From Barcelona
By Czarina Malleta | January 30, 2013 12:54 PM EST
Arsenal needs a striker and they have eyes for Barcelona player David Villa. Goal.com reports that Arsenal negotiated with Barcelona in buying David Villa for their team.
Dicky Law, Gunner's contract negotiator, flew to Spain in order to negotiate the import of David Villa for the team. Arsenal's are hopeful in getting one of best leading goalscorer with just a few days left of the January window.
The Londoners were rejected by David Villa when they approached the player earlier this month. However, Arsene Wenger refuses to accept defeat as he is determined to spend big in order to build his winning team. Wenger was convinced that Barcelona has softened their stance and now considers selling Villa.
Sources told Goal.com that Villa is "very keen" to join Arsenal with his lack of opportunities at the Nou Camp. Wenger has been a vocal admirer of Villa and is willing to pay up to $28 million in order to sign him a contract with the Arsenal.
However, Goal.com also reports that the Catalans are not willing to sell Villa. A source claims that Barca is not interested in selling one of their best players. And when asked whether there was a chance to consider the negotiations, the manager simply said "No."
The Catalans made it clear that David Villa will not be available for loan or permanent transfer this January.
Wenger and the rest of the team are still in search for a striker but claims that they will only make negotiations when they have found a quality player.
"What's important is to buy players who can strengthen the squad. Otherwise, you do nothing. We have enough numbers, quality strikers," Wenger said.
Arsene also cleared out rumors that they might be loaning David Beckham for the team. He said that it was all just speculations and they just talked about fitness. Wenger confirmed that there is no truth in rumors that they are signing Beckham on a short-term loan for the Arsenals.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Purse Split: $100M For American, $60M For Filipino— Report
- Amir Khan Addresses Roach’s Comments That Pacquiao Used To Knock Out The Bolton-Born Boxer During Sparring Sessions
- Meet Paige VanZant, The Next UFC Sensation In The Women's Division
- Boxing Analyst John Scully Says Floyd Mayweather Is Slipping But Manny Pacquiao Won’t Win In Super Fight In 2015
- Michael Schumacher Condition: Manager Sabine Kehm Says The 7-Time World Champion Is Making ‘Progress Appropriate To The Severity Of His Situation’
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- ISIS War: US Airstrikes Lead to Growing ISIS Support In Syria; Russia Questions Coalition's Policies
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]