Transfer Rumors: Arsenal to Steal David Villa From Barcelona
By Czarina Malleta | January 30, 2013 12:54 PM EST
Arsenal needs a striker and they have eyes for Barcelona player David Villa. Goal.com reports that Arsenal negotiated with Barcelona in buying David Villa for their team.
Dicky Law, Gunner's contract negotiator, flew to Spain in order to negotiate the import of David Villa for the team. Arsenal's are hopeful in getting one of best leading goalscorer with just a few days left of the January window.
The Londoners were rejected by David Villa when they approached the player earlier this month. However, Arsene Wenger refuses to accept defeat as he is determined to spend big in order to build his winning team. Wenger was convinced that Barcelona has softened their stance and now considers selling Villa.
Sources told Goal.com that Villa is "very keen" to join Arsenal with his lack of opportunities at the Nou Camp. Wenger has been a vocal admirer of Villa and is willing to pay up to $28 million in order to sign him a contract with the Arsenal.
However, Goal.com also reports that the Catalans are not willing to sell Villa. A source claims that Barca is not interested in selling one of their best players. And when asked whether there was a chance to consider the negotiations, the manager simply said "No."
The Catalans made it clear that David Villa will not be available for loan or permanent transfer this January.
Wenger and the rest of the team are still in search for a striker but claims that they will only make negotiations when they have found a quality player.
"What's important is to buy players who can strengthen the squad. Otherwise, you do nothing. We have enough numbers, quality strikers," Wenger said.
Arsene also cleared out rumors that they might be loaning David Beckham for the team. He said that it was all just speculations and they just talked about fitness. Wenger confirmed that there is no truth in rumors that they are signing Beckham on a short-term loan for the Arsenals.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- USA Defeats Lithuania, 96-68; Americans Advance To Championship Round Of 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Begins Training Sans Freddie Roach
- Rafael Nadal’s Coach Reveals The Spanish Athlete Will Be Back On Court Soon
- Boxing News 2014: Showtime VP Favours Pacquiao As Mayweather’s Next Ring Opponent; Money May Insists Fight Should Be Over Showtime PPV Only
- Michael Schumacher Rehabilitation Update: F1 Champion In-Home Health Care And Services Consist Of 15 Medical Staff
- Miami Heat Prepare For Life Without LeBron James, To Feature More Of Wade And Bosh In New System
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers