Transfer Rumors: Arsenal to Steal David Villa From Barcelona
By Czarina Malleta | January 30, 2013 12:54 PM EST
Arsenal needs a striker and they have eyes for Barcelona player David Villa. Goal.com reports that Arsenal negotiated with Barcelona in buying David Villa for their team.
Dicky Law, Gunner's contract negotiator, flew to Spain in order to negotiate the import of David Villa for the team. Arsenal's are hopeful in getting one of best leading goalscorer with just a few days left of the January window.
The Londoners were rejected by David Villa when they approached the player earlier this month. However, Arsene Wenger refuses to accept defeat as he is determined to spend big in order to build his winning team. Wenger was convinced that Barcelona has softened their stance and now considers selling Villa.
Sources told Goal.com that Villa is "very keen" to join Arsenal with his lack of opportunities at the Nou Camp. Wenger has been a vocal admirer of Villa and is willing to pay up to $28 million in order to sign him a contract with the Arsenal.
However, Goal.com also reports that the Catalans are not willing to sell Villa. A source claims that Barca is not interested in selling one of their best players. And when asked whether there was a chance to consider the negotiations, the manager simply said "No."
The Catalans made it clear that David Villa will not be available for loan or permanent transfer this January.
Wenger and the rest of the team are still in search for a striker but claims that they will only make negotiations when they have found a quality player.
"What's important is to buy players who can strengthen the squad. Otherwise, you do nothing. We have enough numbers, quality strikers," Wenger said.
Arsene also cleared out rumors that they might be loaning David Beckham for the team. He said that it was all just speculations and they just talked about fitness. Wenger confirmed that there is no truth in rumors that they are signing Beckham on a short-term loan for the Arsenals.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Freddie Roach Asks Manny Pacquiao Not To Beat Up Algieri Too Badly So Mayweather Will Not Be Scared And Agree To Super Fight
- Chelsea FC Injury Update: Diego Costa Fully Fit Ahead Of West Brom Clash, Says Mourinho
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced
- Product Recall: Graco Recalls Baby Strollers in Canada, U.S. Due To Amputation Risks
- New Zealand Assured China-Australia Deal Will Not Affect Demand