Nexus 4 Back on Google Play: But Will You Wait for the White Serving?
By Erik Pineda | January 30, 2013 11:42 AM EST
Finally Nexus 4 is back on Google Play store and blog reports have indicated that buyers in the United States, Canada and Germany can start placing orders. They only need to wait maximum of 14 days for the smartphone to arrive.
It is expected that other regions will follow shortly and maybe (just maybe) they'll be able to snap up too the white Nexus 4, an image of which was published by Phone Arena this. If indeed Google and LG will include the new colour for the succeeding Nexus 4 shipments, it'll be worth the wait for some.
With the selling resumption, it appears that the Nexus 4 woes are behind Google and LG now. In the past dew weeks, the two firms are pointing fingers on who should be blamed for the supply debacle that marked the smartphone debut late last year.
Following Nexus 4's commercial release in November 2012, supply of the smartphone easily dried up, which left many to wonder if the handset will ever be shipped out after the holidays have passed and no sign of movements from Google and LG.
The only clarification provided to the public was a clear indication that the two companies are at odds. Google came out first, saying that it encountered issues on the supply system of Nexus 4, hinting that it was LG's fault.
But the South Korean retaliated, suggesting that Google erred on its estimates, hence the serious miss on the number of units that should have been manufactured and shipped out during the holiday season.
However, it seems all is well now and it appears too that Nexus 4 fans are getting a bonus if LG and Google will actually issue the white version, which Phone Arena was originally meant for a December 2012 launch. That never materialised, of course.
Per Phone Arena too, the white Nexus 4 image it obtained was taken with the Optimus LG so there is a likelihood that this version actually exists and production could be underway. Should this assumption hold water, the white smartphone will likely hit Google Play soon enough.
Now the prospect of getting a different Nexus 4 colour, and white at that, should convince some buyers to hold off for awhile and wait out for the other variant to become available.
Of course, only the shell would differ as the Google smartphone will be same powerful handset that Android fans have come to adore: quad-core processing prowess, Full HD rendering on its 4.7-inch screen, 8GB or 16GB storage, starting price of $US299 (varying depending on specific markets) and the latest stock version of Android JellyBean 4.2.
But who knows, the white Nexus 4 may just come out packing Google's Key Lime Pie just so to immediately make a mark.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 Plus vs Xiaomi Mi4 – The iPhone Killer Certainly Can Battle Well With The New Apple Phablet
- Apple iOS 8 Can Trump Google Android 5.0 L Upon September 17 Release
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Twitter Photo Of British Medical Muslima Student Holding Severed Head
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet