iPad 4 News: Apple Unveils 128GB Storage Capacity, Price and Availability Date
By Jenalyn Villamarin | January 30, 2013 10:14 AM EST
Apple has officially revealed the latest iPad 4 with 128GB storage capacity priced at $869 for the WiFi version while the cellular version starts at $1009. Both versions will be available at Australian Apple stores but the date has not yet been confirmed.
According to the technology giant, the increase in storage capacity is aimed at device users who have bulky data files needed to be stored like CAD files, X-ray files, film edits, music tracks, project blueprints, training videos and service manuals. In a statement released, Apple confirmed that the iPad4 will still have the same Retina display found on the existing iPad 4 models.
Apple claimed that there are over 10 million users of applications such as iWork, Global Apptitude, Auria and AutoCAD. An iPad4 with more storage capacity would be suitable for these device users. For instance, AutoCAD WS app for iOS often create large and very detailed files but the iPad 4 128GB can allow users to store, view, edit and even share their AutoCAD files.
"With twice the storage capacity and an unparalleled selection of over 300,000 native iPad apps, enterprises, educators and artists have even more reasons to use iPad for all their business and personal needs," Philip Schiller, Apple's Senior Vice President of Worldwide Marketing, stated in the media release today.
With the iPad 4 release, Apple intensely emphasized the iPad's appeal to business. "iPad continues to have a significant impact on business with virtually all of the Fortune 500 and over 85 per cent of the Global 500 currently deploying or testing iPad," Apple said in a released statement.
Meanwhile, it has been confirmed that the iPad 4 with 128GB storage capacity will be available in the United States on February 5.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Update For Google Play Edition Devices: Features, Models And Other Details
- Nokia Lumia 635: Sprint, Boost Mobile And Virgin Mobile Set To Sell Windows Phone Handset
- ‘GTA V' Heists DLC: Rockstar Confirms Release In ‘Early 2015,’ Game Producer Imran Sarwar Explains Delay
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ News: More On Volcanion Event And Easy To Catch Legendaries
- ‘Destiny’ Iron Banner And Fist of Crota Back As Replayable; Patches Targeted For Xbox One