iPad 4 News: Apple Unveils 128GB Storage Capacity, Price and Availability Date
By Jenalyn Villamarin | January 30, 2013 10:14 AM EST
Apple has officially revealed the latest iPad 4 with 128GB storage capacity priced at $869 for the WiFi version while the cellular version starts at $1009. Both versions will be available at Australian Apple stores but the date has not yet been confirmed.
According to the technology giant, the increase in storage capacity is aimed at device users who have bulky data files needed to be stored like CAD files, X-ray files, film edits, music tracks, project blueprints, training videos and service manuals. In a statement released, Apple confirmed that the iPad4 will still have the same Retina display found on the existing iPad 4 models.
Apple claimed that there are over 10 million users of applications such as iWork, Global Apptitude, Auria and AutoCAD. An iPad4 with more storage capacity would be suitable for these device users. For instance, AutoCAD WS app for iOS often create large and very detailed files but the iPad 4 128GB can allow users to store, view, edit and even share their AutoCAD files.
"With twice the storage capacity and an unparalleled selection of over 300,000 native iPad apps, enterprises, educators and artists have even more reasons to use iPad for all their business and personal needs," Philip Schiller, Apple's Senior Vice President of Worldwide Marketing, stated in the media release today.
With the iPad 4 release, Apple intensely emphasized the iPad's appeal to business. "iPad continues to have a significant impact on business with virtually all of the Fortune 500 and over 85 per cent of the Global 500 currently deploying or testing iPad," Apple said in a released statement.
Meanwhile, it has been confirmed that the iPad 4 with 128GB storage capacity will be available in the United States on February 5.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Confirmed With Demo, More Info Revealed
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition': Three Classes Confirmed—Warrior, Mage And Rogue Abilities Exposed
- Know More About ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Team Aqua And Magma, Pokemon Bank and Global Link
- 'The Sims 4' Disappointing In-Game Factors And Pixelated Downloadable Pirated Copies
- Android L 5.0 Eligible And Ineligible Devices: Nexus Gadgets, Google Play Edition And Android One
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- iPhone 6 Plus vs Xiaomi Mi4 – The iPhone Killer Certainly Can Battle Well With The New Apple Phablet
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet
- HTC Desire 820 (Octa-Core) vs. Sony Xperia Z3 Compact – Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown