USA Vs. Canada: Where To Watch Live Stream Online: Preview, Team News And Prediction
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | January 30, 2013 10:05 AM EST
The United States gets a final chance for a tune up against Canada on Tuesday, before the pressure of the final round of World Cup qualifying begins with a trip to Honduras next week.
There will be a much different look between the two U.S. sides, though, with the friendly against Canada falling outside FIFA international dates, meaning that only domestic-based players are involved.
But following a training camp in Los Angeles, Klinsmann has said that the match in Houston represents a big opportunity for the players involved to make an impact.
“We want them to express themselves, we want them to really show that commitment that they’ve shown for three and a half weeks packed into 90 minutes and go at them, play fast-paced soccer, be there for each other, do a lot of movement off the ball and really keep pushing it,” he told the US Soccer website.
“Obviously we want to see players that step it up now and also want to be regarded as a key element for the Honduras World Cup qualifier, so there’s a lot at stake for the players in this Canada game.”
Among the players with the biggest desire to make an impression on Tuesday will be LA Galaxy center-back Omar Gonzalez. The 24-year-old returned from a torn ACL last year and claimed the MVP award in the Galaxy’s MLS Cup final victory over the Houston Dynamo.
Klinsmann doesn’t yet appear set on a back four and Gonzalez could potentially stake a claim to partner Geoff Cameron against Honduras.
The man likely to start alongside him against Canada will also have hopes of a place when the competitive action begins. Matt Besler won the MLS Defender of the Year award and will be looking to help shut out the Canadians.
Canada will also not be at full-strength and come into the match on the back of a 4-0 defeat to Denmark on Saturday. If there defense is equally as porous then the likes of Chris Wondolowski, Eddie Johnson and Juan Agudelo should be on the lookout for goals.
D: Morrow, Besler, Gonzalez, Morales
M: Beckerman, Zusi, Feilhaber, Davis
F: Johnson, Wondolowski
D: Henry, Attakora, Jakovic, Morgan
M: Ledgerwood, Dunfield, Bekker, Teibert
F: De Rosario, Ricketts
Prediction: Canada struggled in a heavy defeat to a purely-domestic-based Denmark side on Saturday and should again find things tough against the U.S. Much will depend on the experienced faces like Dwayne De Roasario to try and knit the young players together and show intensity against their local rivals. While Canada should play with plenty of passion, the U.S. has far more quality and look set for a comfortable victory.
USA 3-0 Canada
Where to watch: The international friendly will kick-off from BBVA Compass Stadium in Houston, Texas, at 9 p.m. ET. Coverage will be provided by ESPN 2, with a live stream available on ESPN3.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Chris Algieri Exposed, Criticised For Lack Of Desire To Win Against Manny Pacquiao
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match
- Boxing News: Manny Pacquiao 'Ready' To Fight Floyd Mayweather In 2015 Following Algieri Win
- Freddie Roach Asks Manny Pacquiao Not To Beat Up Algieri Too Badly So Mayweather Will Not Be Scared And Agree To Super Fight
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide