Los Angeles Lakers - New Orleans Hornets Preview: Where To Watch Live, Prediction, Betting Line
January 30, 2013 9:19 AM EST
It’s only been two games, but the Los Angeles Lakers have looked like a different team recently.
After falling to a season-low eight games under .500, L.A. has strung together two straight victories. Led by Kobe Bryant, the Lakers defeated the Utah Jazz and Oklahoma City Thunder this past weekend by an average of 13.5 points. OKC has the second-best record in the West, while Utah holds the No.7 seed in the conference.
L.A. will look to continue their strong play on Tuesday night when they host the New Orleans Hornets. The contest is set to tip off at 10:30 p.m. ET at Staples Center. Viewers can watch the contest live on NBA TV.
Bryant’s play has, probably, been the biggest reason for the Lakers recent success. The shooting guard, who led the NBA in scoring for most of the season, has changed the way he’s played of late. He’s led L.A. to victory, scoring just a total of 35 points in his past two games.
The future Hall of Famer has nearly posted a triple-double in both games. He dished out 14 assists in each contest, both of which were higher than his number of shot attempts.
With Bryant establishing himself as a facilitator, rather than the main scoring option, the rest of the Lakers offense thrived. Pau Gasol hit 14 of his 18 shot attempts and Los Angeles broke the century mark in both wins.
After facing a few tough teams, L.A. gets a bit of a respite with the Hornets. New Orleans is 14 games under .500, and is only putting up 93.2 points per game. They have trouble scoring against most teams, and will have trouble taking advantage of the Lakers slow defense.
Betting Line: Los Angeles-7.5, 196
Prediction: Los Angeles 101, New Orleans 89
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin, Chandler Parsons React To 'Role Players' Label By James Harden
- Roger Federer Not That Good If Different Surfaces Were To Exist – Giles Simon
- Jeremy Lin Should Be Ready to Start for Los Angeles Lakers as Steve Nash Confirms Retirement
- Manchester United Transfer News: Arturo Vidal Leaving Juventus for the Red Devils Gaining Momentum
- Dan Bilzerian Opens Up to Howard Stern, Poker Pro Admits He Once Had Sex with 16 Women in 12 Days
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- 5 Food Scandals That Shocked The World
- Iran Leader Asks Muslims to Supply Arms to Palestine, Calls Israel ‘Rapacious Wolf’