Los Angeles Lakers - New Orleans Hornets Preview: Where To Watch Live, Prediction, Betting Line
January 30, 2013 9:19 AM EST
It’s only been two games, but the Los Angeles Lakers have looked like a different team recently.
After falling to a season-low eight games under .500, L.A. has strung together two straight victories. Led by Kobe Bryant, the Lakers defeated the Utah Jazz and Oklahoma City Thunder this past weekend by an average of 13.5 points. OKC has the second-best record in the West, while Utah holds the No.7 seed in the conference.
L.A. will look to continue their strong play on Tuesday night when they host the New Orleans Hornets. The contest is set to tip off at 10:30 p.m. ET at Staples Center. Viewers can watch the contest live on NBA TV.
Bryant’s play has, probably, been the biggest reason for the Lakers recent success. The shooting guard, who led the NBA in scoring for most of the season, has changed the way he’s played of late. He’s led L.A. to victory, scoring just a total of 35 points in his past two games.
The future Hall of Famer has nearly posted a triple-double in both games. He dished out 14 assists in each contest, both of which were higher than his number of shot attempts.
With Bryant establishing himself as a facilitator, rather than the main scoring option, the rest of the Lakers offense thrived. Pau Gasol hit 14 of his 18 shot attempts and Los Angeles broke the century mark in both wins.
After facing a few tough teams, L.A. gets a bit of a respite with the Hornets. New Orleans is 14 games under .500, and is only putting up 93.2 points per game. They have trouble scoring against most teams, and will have trouble taking advantage of the Lakers slow defense.
Betting Line: Los Angeles-7.5, 196
Prediction: Los Angeles 101, New Orleans 89
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Chris Algieri Exposed, Criticised For Lack Of Desire To Win Against Manny Pacquiao
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match
- Boxing News: Manny Pacquiao 'Ready' To Fight Floyd Mayweather In 2015 Following Algieri Win
- ESPN Anchor Skip Bayless Says Floyd Mayweather Jr Will Not Fight Manny Pacquiao Because Undefeated Fighter Is ‘Afraid To Lose’
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues