Los Angeles Lakers - New Orleans Hornets Preview: Where To Watch Live, Prediction, Betting Line
January 30, 2013 9:19 AM EST
It’s only been two games, but the Los Angeles Lakers have looked like a different team recently.
After falling to a season-low eight games under .500, L.A. has strung together two straight victories. Led by Kobe Bryant, the Lakers defeated the Utah Jazz and Oklahoma City Thunder this past weekend by an average of 13.5 points. OKC has the second-best record in the West, while Utah holds the No.7 seed in the conference.
L.A. will look to continue their strong play on Tuesday night when they host the New Orleans Hornets. The contest is set to tip off at 10:30 p.m. ET at Staples Center. Viewers can watch the contest live on NBA TV.
Bryant’s play has, probably, been the biggest reason for the Lakers recent success. The shooting guard, who led the NBA in scoring for most of the season, has changed the way he’s played of late. He’s led L.A. to victory, scoring just a total of 35 points in his past two games.
The future Hall of Famer has nearly posted a triple-double in both games. He dished out 14 assists in each contest, both of which were higher than his number of shot attempts.
With Bryant establishing himself as a facilitator, rather than the main scoring option, the rest of the Lakers offense thrived. Pau Gasol hit 14 of his 18 shot attempts and Los Angeles broke the century mark in both wins.
After facing a few tough teams, L.A. gets a bit of a respite with the Hornets. New Orleans is 14 games under .500, and is only putting up 93.2 points per game. They have trouble scoring against most teams, and will have trouble taking advantage of the Lakers slow defense.
Betting Line: Los Angeles-7.5, 196
Prediction: Los Angeles 101, New Orleans 89
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Minnesota Timberwolves 2015-2015 NBA Preview: Wiggins-Rubio Era In Minneapolis Begins
- Dallas Mavericks 2015-2015 NBA Preview: Nowitzki, Ellis Has New Shooting Partner In Parsons
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- iPhone 6 vs Nexus 6 vs Galaxy Note 4: Performance and User Interface Comparison
- Fappening: Message Board Posters Belittle Nude Photo Leakers As D-Listers Seeking Publicity
- U.S. Missile Shield In Europe Opens In Romania: Russia's Reservations Ignored