Who Is Shateria L. Moragne-el? Facts About Rick Ross' Passenger In Drive-By Shooting [PHOTOS]
By Amethyst Tate | January 30, 2013 4:11 AM EST
On Tuesday, it was confirmed that the female passenger in Rick Ross’ car was Shateria Moragne-El.
While it is unclear how long she has been dating Ross, reports claim that they have been dating for five years.
Moragne-el has been seen with the rapper at various public events over the years and has numerous pictures of herself with Ross posted on her Twitter account @iShateria. She posted a photo of herself with Ross and friends at a birthday event he had just hours before the drive-by shooting took place.
According to Palm Beach New Times, Moragne-el owns a fashion line, Frontrow Couture, which was fearuted at New York Fashion Week this past fall. She launched the line on Sept. 11, and the show featured performances by artist JoJo.
On the official website for the fashion line, it states that Moragne-el is a Maryland native and has previously worked as a personal stylist and consultant.
On Monday, it was reported that rapper Rick Ross was involved in a drive-by shooting in Florida while celebrating his birthday with Moragne-el.
Ross, who turned 37-years-old on Monday, ate a restaurant and left in his Rolls Royce when he was shot at several times around 5 a.m., TMZ reports.
Neither Ross nor his Moragne-el were hit, as the bullets missed the car. As Ross tried to get away, however, he crashed into a nearby building. Neither party was injured in the crash, police stated.
Though it was not confirmed that Ross was in fact inside the vehicle, witnesses told NBC Miami that it was in fact Ross in the Rolls Royce. Police stated that the victims did not want their names released because they feared for their lives.
"The occupants of the vehicle have asked for their information to be withheld from being released," Fort Lauderdale Police spokeswoman Det. DeAnna Garcia said.
"They obviously, with everything that just took place, are fearful for their lives and their families lives."
Rick Ross has yet to comment on the drive-by shooting.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- NCIS Season 12 Spoilers: Fans Fear Cote de Pablo Not Coming Back, Tony DiNozzo Moving On from Ziva David
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Report: Duchess Expecting a Baby Girl, Prince William Wants 3 Kids [PHOTOS]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown