Amy Poehler Becomes The Latest Funywoman To Pen A Book
January 30, 2013 4:17 AM EST
It looks like Amy Poehler’s post-separation winning streak is reaching new heights. The “Parks and Recreation” star, who split from husband Will Arnett last September, is set to release a new book.
According to the Hollywood Reporter, the book will be released by HarperCollins in 2014 and is describe as “an illustrated, nonlinear diary full of humor and honesty and brimming with true stories, fictional anecdotes and life lessons.”
Vulture has already called it “your new favorite book.”
Though she has previously written episodes of the 1998 series “Upright Citizens Brigade” and “Parks and Recreation,” this marks her first published work of prose.
In recent years, books by female TV stars have been a hot commodity. “Bossypants,” written by Poehler’s friend and collaborator Tina Fey, has sold more than 2 million copies, while works by Ellen DeGeneres, Chelsea Handler, Mindy Kailing and Sarah Silverman have also climbed the best-seller lists.
Poehler’s new venture comes just a few months after “Girls” creator Lena Dunham earned $3.7 million to pen a collection of essays titled “Not That Kind of Girl.”
The literary success that these women have had shows that the role of women in comedy is changing for the better.
The 41-year-old also appeared in a gorgeous Stella McCarthy gown at the 64th Annual Primetime Emmy Awards and coordinated with Best Actress in a Comedy Series winner Julia Louis- Dreyfus for one of the funniest moments of the night.
On Jan. 13, she earned rave reviews when she co-hosted the 70th annual Golden Globe Awards with Fey.
Last week, Poehler’s film “A.C.O.D” ("Adult Child of Divorce") made its debut at the 2013 Sundance Film Festival.
The comedy, which also stars Adam Scott and Mary Elizabeth Winstead, has garnered praise from various critics.
At the Screen Actors Guild Awards on Sunday, Fey thanked the star in her acceptance speech.
"I share this with my sweet friend Amy Poehler, who I've known for so long. I've stolen so many of your moves," Fey said. Adding, "Amy, I've known you since you were pregnant with Lena Dunham."
Poehler and Arnett were married for nine years of marriage. The pair has two sons, Archie, 3, and Abel, 2. The two were previously considered Hollywood’s “funniest couple.”
Refreshingly, the star has made the wise decision to refrain from talking publically about the separation.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- The Burka Avenger Educates Children While Fighting For Girls' Education Rights In New Pakistan TV Show
- Christopher Walken To Play Mob Boss In Film Adaptation Of Four Seasons Musical 'Jersey Boys'
- William Cantrell Mistakes Human Ashes For Cocaine, May Have Snorted Remains
- Giant Alligator Eats 80-Pound Dog In North Carolina, Gator May Still Be Alive
- Steve McQueen's Last Ride, 1952 Custom Chevy Pickup Truck, Hits The Auction Block
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales