Amy Poehler Becomes The Latest Funywoman To Pen A Book
January 30, 2013 4:17 AM EST
It looks like Amy Poehler’s post-separation winning streak is reaching new heights. The “Parks and Recreation” star, who split from husband Will Arnett last September, is set to release a new book.
According to the Hollywood Reporter, the book will be released by HarperCollins in 2014 and is describe as “an illustrated, nonlinear diary full of humor and honesty and brimming with true stories, fictional anecdotes and life lessons.”
Vulture has already called it “your new favorite book.”
Though she has previously written episodes of the 1998 series “Upright Citizens Brigade” and “Parks and Recreation,” this marks her first published work of prose.
In recent years, books by female TV stars have been a hot commodity. “Bossypants,” written by Poehler’s friend and collaborator Tina Fey, has sold more than 2 million copies, while works by Ellen DeGeneres, Chelsea Handler, Mindy Kailing and Sarah Silverman have also climbed the best-seller lists.
Poehler’s new venture comes just a few months after “Girls” creator Lena Dunham earned $3.7 million to pen a collection of essays titled “Not That Kind of Girl.”
The literary success that these women have had shows that the role of women in comedy is changing for the better.
The 41-year-old also appeared in a gorgeous Stella McCarthy gown at the 64th Annual Primetime Emmy Awards and coordinated with Best Actress in a Comedy Series winner Julia Louis- Dreyfus for one of the funniest moments of the night.
On Jan. 13, she earned rave reviews when she co-hosted the 70th annual Golden Globe Awards with Fey.
Last week, Poehler’s film “A.C.O.D” ("Adult Child of Divorce") made its debut at the 2013 Sundance Film Festival.
The comedy, which also stars Adam Scott and Mary Elizabeth Winstead, has garnered praise from various critics.
At the Screen Actors Guild Awards on Sunday, Fey thanked the star in her acceptance speech.
"I share this with my sweet friend Amy Poehler, who I've known for so long. I've stolen so many of your moves," Fey said. Adding, "Amy, I've known you since you were pregnant with Lena Dunham."
Poehler and Arnett were married for nine years of marriage. The pair has two sons, Archie, 3, and Abel, 2. The two were previously considered Hollywood’s “funniest couple.”
Refreshingly, the star has made the wise decision to refrain from talking publically about the separation.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 9/11 Dust Cloud Most Likely Have Created Pregnancy Issues: Celebrities Who Posed Nude During Pregnancy
Join the Conversation
- The Burka Avenger Educates Children While Fighting For Girls' Education Rights In New Pakistan TV Show
- Christopher Walken To Play Mob Boss In Film Adaptation Of Four Seasons Musical 'Jersey Boys'
- William Cantrell Mistakes Human Ashes For Cocaine, May Have Snorted Remains
- Giant Alligator Eats 80-Pound Dog In North Carolina, Gator May Still Be Alive
- Steve McQueen's Last Ride, 1952 Custom Chevy Pickup Truck, Hits The Auction Block
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- iPhone 6 Release Date Remains On Course for Sept-Oct 2014 as Apple Delays iWatch Debut to 2015