Will Tomorrow Turn RIM Around?
By Mark Knapp | January 30, 2013 4:05 AM EST
There isn’t much more time before Research in Motion (NASDAQ:RIMM) launches BlackBerry 10, and in the time it has left, the company plans to make sure the launch gets every last bit of interest met with live web coverage of the launch event.
RIM never gave up though. BlackBerry is still a well-known brand (if sometimes the butt of a joke) and the company has been working hard to make things happen for BB10. RIM worked hard to garner appeal with professionals, corporations, and governments; it offered a trial program to get them all familiar with the platform, and has a special dual-persona feature that would allow workers to keep personal and work-related streams separate, and information secure.
For everyone else, RIM has been working with app developers to give BB10 the largest selection of apps at launch of any mobile . The company has also worked to ensure that its new devices would satisfy the tastes of modern smartphone consumers — with one device being a high-spec, full-touchscreen smartphone, and the second device featuring a full QWERTY keyboard, like traditional BlackBerry phones. RIM also made arrangements with a numerous mobile carriers to ensure a wide availability of its devices.
With limited time left, RIM took one more step to ensure BB10 saw as much light as possible. The BB10 launch Wednesday will be streaming live online. The new devices and platform will be officially unveiled at that showing and all be available shortly after.
While a little extra might not be enough to push RIM ahead of the iPhone or Android phones, it certainly can’t hurt. BlackBerry CEO Thorsten Heins said that the company is in a good position, is more streamlined, has no debt, and even has $2.9 billion in available cash. So, however the launch goes, it seems RIM could only fare even better as new sales come in.
Copyright Wall St Cheat Street All rights reserved.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet