Apple Launches 128GB iPad 4
By David Gilbert | January 30, 2013 1:04 AM EST
Apple made the announcement on the same day that it announced a minor software update to iOS 6.1, which fixes a number of security vulnerabilities and adding LTE capabilities to 36 additional iPhone carriers and 23 additional iPad carriers around the world.
The 128GB iPad will be aimed at the enterprise sector with the additional capacity being of most benefit to those wanting to carry around and work with a lot of large files such as video and high resolution image files.
The 128GB iPad will cost £639 (Wi-Fi) and £739 (4G) in the UK.
"With more than 120 million iPads sold, it's clear that customers around the world love their iPads, and everyday they are finding more great reasons to work, learn and play on their iPads rather than their old PCs," said Philip Schiller, Apple's senior vice president of Worldwide Marketing.
"With twice the storage capacity and an unparalleled selection of over 300,000 native iPad apps, enterprises, educators and artists have even more reasons to use iPad for all their business and personal needs."
Other than the increased storage the 128GB iPad 4 will be identical to the other models, featuring a 9.7in Retina display, A6X chip, FaceTime HD camera and of course coming pre-installed with iOS 6.1.
It is expected that the addition of a 128GB iPad 4 will mean the next generation of iPhones and iPads won't be offered at 16GB with 32GB being the smallest storage option available.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- Obama’s Bid To Blame Intelligence Chief For Inaction On ISIS Backfires: McCain Asks Obama To Admit Own Mistakes