The Nemenoff Report Bonds Higher, S&P's Lower, Silver Higher
By Marc Nemenoff | January 30, 2013 12:55 AM EST
Financials: Mar. Bonds are currently 5 higher at 143'26 and the 10 Yr. Note 3.5 higher at 131'10.5. Today begins a 2 day FOMC meeting. At this time I do not expect any change in near term Fed policy. What could possibly change is the long term policy of quantitative easing which has been predicted to last through at least late 2014, early 2015. I will be on the sidelines until tomorrow afternoon after the Fed announcements.
Grains: Mar. Corn is currently 2'4 higher at 731'6, Mar. Beans 3'6 higher at 1451'4, Mar. Wheat 1'6 higher at 781'2 and Dec. Wheat 2'0 higher at 816'2. My bias remains to the long side of Mar. Corn on breaks to the 712'0 area. Near term resistance remains in the 734'0 area and then 740'0. A close above 740'0 may be considered an upside breakout with the potential of a rally to the 765'0 level. I still like out of the money call spreads in Dec. Wheat as a long term trade.
Cattle: Apr. LC are currently 35 lower at 133.05 and Mar. FC 55 lower at 149.35 after closing sharply higher (150+ points) in response to Friday's Cattle on Feed Report. We are currently on the sidelines as far as speculative positions are concerned. Short hedgers who are short futures and long out of the money calls may consider either taking profits on the calls in Feeder Cattle or selling further out of the money calls (at least 2 strike prices) o take advantage of the recent upswing in Feeder Cattle prices.
Silver: Mar. Silver is currently 32 cents higher at 31.11 and Apr. Gold 9.50 dollars higher at 1664.50. We remain long Silver. If you went long Gold yesterday below the 1657.00 level either take profits or raise your protective sell stop to your break even level. Near term resistance is the 1674.00 level. Longer term resistance is the 1690.00 level. Technically, the market is in a short term downtrend and trading below the 200 day moving average of 1668.00.
S&P's: Mar. S&P's are currently 4.00 lower at at 1493.00. Support is currently 1483.00 and resistance the 1502.00-1507.00 area. We continue to hold a small short position.
Currencies: As of this writing the Mar. Euro is currently 10 lower at 1.3450, the Swiss 24 higher at 1.0826, the Yen 17 higher at 1.1040 and the Pound 35 higher at 1.5727. I am currently on the sidelines. Levels to watch: Long term support of 1.0800 in the Yen and long term resistance of 1.3500 in the Euro.
888.908.4310 | 312.264.4310
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’