The Nemenoff Report Bonds Higher, S&P's Lower, Silver Higher
By Marc Nemenoff | January 30, 2013 12:55 AM EST
Financials: Mar. Bonds are currently 5 higher at 143'26 and the 10 Yr. Note 3.5 higher at 131'10.5. Today begins a 2 day FOMC meeting. At this time I do not expect any change in near term Fed policy. What could possibly change is the long term policy of quantitative easing which has been predicted to last through at least late 2014, early 2015. I will be on the sidelines until tomorrow afternoon after the Fed announcements.
Grains: Mar. Corn is currently 2'4 higher at 731'6, Mar. Beans 3'6 higher at 1451'4, Mar. Wheat 1'6 higher at 781'2 and Dec. Wheat 2'0 higher at 816'2. My bias remains to the long side of Mar. Corn on breaks to the 712'0 area. Near term resistance remains in the 734'0 area and then 740'0. A close above 740'0 may be considered an upside breakout with the potential of a rally to the 765'0 level. I still like out of the money call spreads in Dec. Wheat as a long term trade.
Cattle: Apr. LC are currently 35 lower at 133.05 and Mar. FC 55 lower at 149.35 after closing sharply higher (150+ points) in response to Friday's Cattle on Feed Report. We are currently on the sidelines as far as speculative positions are concerned. Short hedgers who are short futures and long out of the money calls may consider either taking profits on the calls in Feeder Cattle or selling further out of the money calls (at least 2 strike prices) o take advantage of the recent upswing in Feeder Cattle prices.
Silver: Mar. Silver is currently 32 cents higher at 31.11 and Apr. Gold 9.50 dollars higher at 1664.50. We remain long Silver. If you went long Gold yesterday below the 1657.00 level either take profits or raise your protective sell stop to your break even level. Near term resistance is the 1674.00 level. Longer term resistance is the 1690.00 level. Technically, the market is in a short term downtrend and trading below the 200 day moving average of 1668.00.
S&P's: Mar. S&P's are currently 4.00 lower at at 1493.00. Support is currently 1483.00 and resistance the 1502.00-1507.00 area. We continue to hold a small short position.
Currencies: As of this writing the Mar. Euro is currently 10 lower at 1.3450, the Swiss 24 higher at 1.0826, the Yen 17 higher at 1.1040 and the Pound 35 higher at 1.5727. I am currently on the sidelines. Levels to watch: Long term support of 1.0800 in the Yen and long term resistance of 1.3500 in the Euro.
888.908.4310 | 312.264.4310
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona, Man Utd to Compete for Juan Cuadrado's Signature as Fiorentina Reveal Willingness to Sell
- Hilary Duff's New Music Video Chasing the Sun Goes Viral on YouTube [WATCH VIDEO]
- LeBron James to Return to Miami, Face Heat on Christmas Day 2014
- Shanghai Stock Exchange Will Not Extend Trading Hours
- Qatar's Surging Real Estate Prices Won't Affect Thriving Economy – Report