Kristen Stewart Affair: Liberty Ross and Rupert Sanders Divorce Papers Released
By Toyin Owoseje | January 29, 2013 11:19 PM EST
Liberty Ross has filed for divorce from her film director Rupert Sanders, citing "irreconcilable differences", it has emerged.
The British model's decision to call time on her 10 year marriage comes almost five months after news of his affair with Twilight star Kristen Stewart broke last summer.
Court documents filed in Los Angeles on Friday 25 January reveal that the former Vogue model is seeking joint physical and legal custody of her children with Sanders, Skyla, seven, and Tennyson, five.
The 34-year-old beauty also wants Sanders to provide her with spousal support and pay her legal fees.
According to reports, Ross agreed to attend marriage counselling sessions but the couple were unable to salvage their marriage.
"Liberty tried for a reconciliation but it was impossible. The mistrust went too deep. The decision to divorce was hers," a source told the Daily Mail.
Sanders made headlines in 2012 summer after he was caught cheating on his wife with and Stewart, who was dating Twilight co-star Robert Pattinson at the time.
His liaison with 22-year-old Stewart was uncovered when pictures of the father-of-four kissing the actress in public were published in Us Weekly.
In the wake of the scandal, Stewart faced a fierce backlash from diehard Twilight fans and was labelled a home wreaker for coming between Sanders and his wife.
Sanders also publicly apologised to his wife and family: "I am utterly distraught at the pain I have caused my family... my beautiful wife and heavenly children are all I have in this world," he said.
"I love them with all my heart. I am praying that we can get through this together."
The news comes days after Stewart and Pattinson reportedly broke up for good after failed attempts to get their relationship back on track.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- Joan Rivers Left $150 Million Legacy To Her Only Child, Care For Her Four Pooches Included In Her Will
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- Kendall Jenner Distances Self From The Kardashians, Prefers Kim Kardashian West To Be Absent In Her Modelling Shows
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date