Kristen Stewart Affair: Liberty Ross and Rupert Sanders Divorce Papers Released
By Toyin Owoseje | January 29, 2013 11:19 PM EST
Liberty Ross has filed for divorce from her film director Rupert Sanders, citing "irreconcilable differences", it has emerged.
The British model's decision to call time on her 10 year marriage comes almost five months after news of his affair with Twilight star Kristen Stewart broke last summer.
Court documents filed in Los Angeles on Friday 25 January reveal that the former Vogue model is seeking joint physical and legal custody of her children with Sanders, Skyla, seven, and Tennyson, five.
The 34-year-old beauty also wants Sanders to provide her with spousal support and pay her legal fees.
According to reports, Ross agreed to attend marriage counselling sessions but the couple were unable to salvage their marriage.
"Liberty tried for a reconciliation but it was impossible. The mistrust went too deep. The decision to divorce was hers," a source told the Daily Mail.
Sanders made headlines in 2012 summer after he was caught cheating on his wife with and Stewart, who was dating Twilight co-star Robert Pattinson at the time.
His liaison with 22-year-old Stewart was uncovered when pictures of the father-of-four kissing the actress in public were published in Us Weekly.
In the wake of the scandal, Stewart faced a fierce backlash from diehard Twilight fans and was labelled a home wreaker for coming between Sanders and his wife.
Sanders also publicly apologised to his wife and family: "I am utterly distraught at the pain I have caused my family... my beautiful wife and heavenly children are all I have in this world," he said.
"I love them with all my heart. I am praying that we can get through this together."
The news comes days after Stewart and Pattinson reportedly broke up for good after failed attempts to get their relationship back on track.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Premiere Questions: 'Frozen' Story Kicks Off, Queen Elsa vs Emma Swan vs The Evil Queen - New Story Unfolds [SPOILERS]
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Boxing News 2014: Social Media War Between Boxers Continues As Pacquiao Repeats Comment That Mayweather Acts Like Uneducated Person, While Ignoring ‘Miss Pac Man’ Post
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate