Pre-Market Movers (Yahoo, Rio Tinto, PhotoMedex, Newmont Mining, VMware, New Oriental, Red Hat, Zynga)
By Satya Nagendra | January 29, 2013 10:32 PM EST
Yahoo Inc, Rio Tinto, PhotoMedex, Newmont Mining, VMware, New Oriental Education, Red Hat and Zynga Inc. are among the companies whose shares are moving in the pre-market trading Tuesday.
Yahoo Inc (NASDAQ: YHOO) stock surged 2.95 percent to $20.91 in pre-market trading. The company reported fourth quarter net profit of $272 million or $0.23 per share, down from $295.6 million or $0.24 per share in the same period last year. Adjusted net profit was $0.32 per share compared to $0.25 per share last year and also topped Reuters' estimation of $0.28 per share.
Rio Tinto Plc (NYSE:RIO) stock gained 1.60 percent to $55.75 in pre-market trading. The stock has a 52-week low of $41.59, a 52-week high of $63.18 and $101.34 billion in market capitalization.
PhotoMedex Inc. (NASDAQ:PHMD) stock gained 1.16 percent to $14.80 in pre-market trading. The stock has a 52-week low of $9.85, a 52-week high of $19.18 and $314.23 million in market capitalization.
Newmont Mining Corp. (NYSE:NEM) stock advanced 1 percent to $43.25 in pre-market trading. TheStreet Ratings has reaffirmed “hold” rating on shares of Newmont Mining with a rating score of C+.
VMware Inc. (NYSE:VMW) stock plunged 14.67 percent to $83.90 in pre-market trading. Currently, the company expects first quarter revenue to be in a range of $1.17 billion to $1.19 billion, below the analysts’ estimation of $1.25 billion. VMware also announced that it would eliminate approximately 900 jobs and planned to exit certain lines of business and consolidation of facilities.
New Oriental Education & Tech Group (NYSE:EDU) stock slumped 2.23 percent to $17.50 in pre-market trading. The company reported second quarter net loss of $0.10 per ADS compared to net profit of $0.02 per share in the same period last year.
Red Hat Inc. (NYSE:RHT) stock declined 1.94 percent to $55.16 in pre-market trading. The stock has a 52-week low of $46.13, a 52-week high of $62.75 and $10.87 billion in market capitalization.
Zynga Inc. (NASDAQ:ZNGA) stock fell 1.41 percent to $2.80 in pre-market trading. The company stock rallied more than 14 percent in regular trading Monday.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Tourre on stand says email in SEC case 'not accurate'
- Syrian authorities blocking access to needy in Homs - Red Cross
- Faith in European Union at low ebb, EU poll says
- Former UBS banker gets 18 months, $1 million fine, for muni bid-rigging scheme
- U.S. judge halts challenges to Detroit's bankruptcy bid
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown