EU Morning Report - Unemployment key issue for Euro
By NikolasX | January 29, 2013 7:28 PM EST
The euro (EUR) has remained within a tight range around 1.344 against the US dollar (USD) expecting further news from Europe and looking ahead to Non-farm Payrolls by Friday. Recent reports indicate that the ongoing euro-crisis has cost dearly on employment. For the fifth month unemployment in the Eurozone has climbed reaching 11.9 percent. Should the issue not be resolved soon, it could undermine the recent optimism for the single currency. Today consumer confidence in the US is set to set the stage in EURUSD trading.
§ The US500 (SPI), which tracks the S&P 500 is moving steady on bull territory following positive earnings data from US corporations. Currently at 1497 it looks likely to move above the 1500 level and move even higher,
§ Gold (XAU), currently at 1662, continues to slide as investors turn to riskier assets. The precious metal which reached a peak of 1791 in September has been moving lower and lower.
§ The sterling (GBP) is looking to rebound against the US dollar (USD) moving to 1.5715 after finding support at 1.5675
Stay in tune throughout the day with foreign exchange bullets!
|.||EURUSD||1.3425||LONG @ 1.3425||30% of deals buy EUR|
|.||USDJPY||91.00||SHORT @ 91.00||35% of deals buy USD|
|.||GBPUSD||1.5750||SHORT @ 1.5750||65% of deals buy GBP|
|.||AUDUSD||1.0400||LONG @ 1.0400||66% of deals buy AUD|
|.||GOLD||1672||SHORT @ 1672||71% of deals buy GOLD|
|.||OIL||95.40||LONG @ 95.40||22% of deals buy OIL|
|.||USD||14:00||House Prices 20HPI y/y||5.5%|
|.||USD||15:00||CB Consumer Confidence||64.8|
|.||NZD||21:45||Building Consents m/m||-5.4%|
The Australian dollar (AUD) has seen volatile trading versus the Japanese yen (JPY) now trading at 94.73, following Prime Minister Abe’s move to seek a weaker yen to boost exports. It is interesting to notice the pairs’ direction as Japan is a major export market for Australia’s metals and natural resources.
Join the Conversation
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Battery Life Test Shows Its Curved Display And Build Has Impacted Its Battery Performance