EU Morning Report - Unemployment key issue for Euro
By NikolasX | January 29, 2013 7:28 PM EST
The euro (EUR) has remained within a tight range around 1.344 against the US dollar (USD) expecting further news from Europe and looking ahead to Non-farm Payrolls by Friday. Recent reports indicate that the ongoing euro-crisis has cost dearly on employment. For the fifth month unemployment in the Eurozone has climbed reaching 11.9 percent. Should the issue not be resolved soon, it could undermine the recent optimism for the single currency. Today consumer confidence in the US is set to set the stage in EURUSD trading.
§ The US500 (SPI), which tracks the S&P 500 is moving steady on bull territory following positive earnings data from US corporations. Currently at 1497 it looks likely to move above the 1500 level and move even higher,
§ Gold (XAU), currently at 1662, continues to slide as investors turn to riskier assets. The precious metal which reached a peak of 1791 in September has been moving lower and lower.
§ The sterling (GBP) is looking to rebound against the US dollar (USD) moving to 1.5715 after finding support at 1.5675
Stay in tune throughout the day with foreign exchange bullets!
|.||EURUSD||1.3425||LONG @ 1.3425||30% of deals buy EUR|
|.||USDJPY||91.00||SHORT @ 91.00||35% of deals buy USD|
|.||GBPUSD||1.5750||SHORT @ 1.5750||65% of deals buy GBP|
|.||AUDUSD||1.0400||LONG @ 1.0400||66% of deals buy AUD|
|.||GOLD||1672||SHORT @ 1672||71% of deals buy GOLD|
|.||OIL||95.40||LONG @ 95.40||22% of deals buy OIL|
|.||USD||14:00||House Prices 20HPI y/y||5.5%|
|.||USD||15:00||CB Consumer Confidence||64.8|
|.||NZD||21:45||Building Consents m/m||-5.4%|
The Australian dollar (AUD) has seen volatile trading versus the Japanese yen (JPY) now trading at 94.73, following Prime Minister Abe’s move to seek a weaker yen to boost exports. It is interesting to notice the pairs’ direction as Japan is a major export market for Australia’s metals and natural resources.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers