India's Adani Port Rises on Plans of Abbott Stake Sale
January 29, 2013 6:42 PM EST
* Shares in Adani Ports and Special Economic Zone Ltd gain 5.2 percent a day after the company says it will sell a
majority stake in Australia's Abbot Point port to the Adani family.
* Abbot Point reported a loss of 670 million rupees for the October-December quarter, Adani said on Monday.
* Adani Port's stake sale in its Australian port would reduce the Indian company's consolidated debt by around 110 billion
rupees ($2.04 billion), while the reinvestment of the cash flows for domestic growth opportunities would be a positive, brokerage
Edelweiss says in an email to clients.
($1 = 53.9050 Indian rupees)
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- Google Now v. Siri v. Cortana – Comparison Of The Three Leading Virtual Assistants
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1