India's Adani Port Rises on Plans of Abbott Stake Sale
January 29, 2013 6:42 PM EST
* Shares in Adani Ports and Special Economic Zone Ltd gain 5.2 percent a day after the company says it will sell a
majority stake in Australia's Abbot Point port to the Adani family.
* Abbot Point reported a loss of 670 million rupees for the October-December quarter, Adani said on Monday.
* Adani Port's stake sale in its Australian port would reduce the Indian company's consolidated debt by around 110 billion
rupees ($2.04 billion), while the reinvestment of the cash flows for domestic growth opportunities would be a positive, brokerage
Edelweiss says in an email to clients.
($1 = 53.9050 Indian rupees)
Join the Conversation
- New Zealand Assured China-Australia Deal Will Not Affect Demand
- Product Recall: Graco Recalls Baby Strollers in Canada, U.S. Due To Amputation Risks
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies