India's Adani Port Rises on Plans of Abbott Stake Sale
January 29, 2013 6:42 PM EST
* Shares in Adani Ports and Special Economic Zone Ltd gain 5.2 percent a day after the company says it will sell a
majority stake in Australia's Abbot Point port to the Adani family.
* Abbot Point reported a loss of 670 million rupees for the October-December quarter, Adani said on Monday.
* Adani Port's stake sale in its Australian port would reduce the Indian company's consolidated debt by around 110 billion
rupees ($2.04 billion), while the reinvestment of the cash flows for domestic growth opportunities would be a positive, brokerage
Edelweiss says in an email to clients.
($1 = 53.9050 Indian rupees)
Join the Conversation
- Australian Economy Expected To Have ‘Solid Growth’ Despite Falling Iron Ore Prices
- Japan’s Fukushima Badly Wants To Host 2020 Tokyo Olympics
- Unique Traits That Make You A Millennial
- Top Google Canada 2014 Searches: Robin Williams, World Cup, iPhone 6
- Credit Card Debt 101: How To Get Yourself Back On Track