As Idea Gets Set to Post Results, Watch Bharti Shares
January 29, 2013 6:34 PM EST
* Investors in Bharti Airtel Ltd are keenly waiting rival Idea Cellular Ltd's October-December earnings
results due later in the day.
* Idea is much smaller than Bharti in revenue terms, but both mobile carriers operate on GSM technology and have similar kinds
* As well, both companies' mainstay is second-generation (2G) voice although there has been a greater push in recent months to
increase revenue from mobile data.
* That may help explain why Idea and Bharti shares have seen a correlation of 0.86 in the past three months.
* "Idea's numbers would also answer whether the 2G industry is growing or not, which should have bearing on Bharti too," said
an analyst tracking the sector.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Male Tennis Players To Watch [PHOTOS]
- What Happens When You Give Up Sex For 12 Months? – Dialogue With Peter Lynagh – Exclusive
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Female Tennis Athletes [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display