As Idea Gets Set to Post Results, Watch Bharti Shares
January 29, 2013 6:34 PM EST
* Investors in Bharti Airtel Ltd are keenly waiting rival Idea Cellular Ltd's October-December earnings
results due later in the day.
* Idea is much smaller than Bharti in revenue terms, but both mobile carriers operate on GSM technology and have similar kinds
* As well, both companies' mainstay is second-generation (2G) voice although there has been a greater push in recent months to
increase revenue from mobile data.
* That may help explain why Idea and Bharti shares have seen a correlation of 0.86 in the past three months.
* "Idea's numbers would also answer whether the 2G industry is growing or not, which should have bearing on Bharti too," said
an analyst tracking the sector.
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Vatican 2014 Final Synod Report: Gays Still ‘Unwelcome’ in Catholic Church, LGBT Thankful for First Step
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- New Zealand Losing $9.4 Billion Every Year to Fraud
- 5 Cities With The Highest Cost Of Living In 2014
- Ebola ‘Cruise Ship’: Holidaymakers Furious Organisers Hid the Truth About Dallas Health Care Worker
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage