As Idea Gets Set to Post Results, Watch Bharti Shares
January 29, 2013 6:34 PM EST
* Investors in Bharti Airtel Ltd are keenly waiting rival Idea Cellular Ltd's October-December earnings
results due later in the day.
* Idea is much smaller than Bharti in revenue terms, but both mobile carriers operate on GSM technology and have similar kinds
* As well, both companies' mainstay is second-generation (2G) voice although there has been a greater push in recent months to
increase revenue from mobile data.
* That may help explain why Idea and Bharti shares have seen a correlation of 0.86 in the past three months.
* "Idea's numbers would also answer whether the 2G industry is growing or not, which should have bearing on Bharti too," said
an analyst tracking the sector.
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Apple iPhone 6 vs. OnePlus One: With Invitation-Only Model Rested, OnePlus One Can Be A Real Threat To iPhone 6
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Samsung Aware Of Gap Issue On Galaxy Note 4, Mentions It As Important Manufacturing Feature In Note 4 User Manual
- ISIS Supporters are Walking Among the Many in the United States – Report
- Airstrikes Against ISIS Has Claimed Innocent Lives In Syria, Dubbed ‘Ineffective’ By Jihadi Fighters, US Military To Ask For More Spending Money