As Idea Gets Set to Post Results, Watch Bharti Shares
January 29, 2013 6:34 PM EST
* Investors in Bharti Airtel Ltd are keenly waiting rival Idea Cellular Ltd's October-December earnings
results due later in the day.
* Idea is much smaller than Bharti in revenue terms, but both mobile carriers operate on GSM technology and have similar kinds
* As well, both companies' mainstay is second-generation (2G) voice although there has been a greater push in recent months to
increase revenue from mobile data.
* That may help explain why Idea and Bharti shares have seen a correlation of 0.86 in the past three months.
* "Idea's numbers would also answer whether the 2G industry is growing or not, which should have bearing on Bharti too," said
an analyst tracking the sector.
Join the Conversation
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan