QPR v Manchester City: Where to Watch, Preview and Team News
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | January 29, 2013 6:09 PM EST
Roberto Mancini takes his men to Loftus Road as Manchester City take on Queens Park Rangers in their midweek Premier League clash. The last time these two teams met was earlier this season at the Etihad, as the game ended in a 3-1 win for the English champions.
Where to Watch
Kick-off is set for 7:45pm GMT. Live radio commentary for the game will be available on BBC Radio 5 Live.
Harry Redknapp's side enter into the midweek game with 4-2 loss to League One side MK Dons, during their fourth round FA Cup tie at the weekend. With their latest defeat aside, QPR are still struggling in the bottom of the Premier League table as the West London club are at the bottom, with 15 points from 23 matches.
The Hoops have failed to start on a positive note during the beginning of this season but has managed to avoid defeat in their last five league games, winning two and drawing the remaining three league games. Their recent league form includes a shock win over Chelsea at Stamford Bridge and a goalless draw at home against Redknapp's former club, Tottenham Hotspur.
City, on the other hand, have progressed to the fifth round of the FA Cup after defeating Stoke City at Britannia Stadium. The Premier League champions are in good form and have won their last six games in all competitions. The Citizens are currently second in the league table, with 51 points from 23 games and trail league leaders Manchester United by five points.
The visitors would be looking to continue their recent form when they face the Hoops on Tuesday night. A win for Mancini's side could see them close the gap to two points, till Sir Alex Ferguson's side play Southampton play on Wednesday. The English champions have just lost one game away from home this season and Redknapp will be looking for another upset (after Chelsea win) against City.
Queens Park Rangers
- Last Five (all competitions, most recent first): L D W D D
- Last Result: Queens Park Rangers 2-4 Milton Keynes Dons
- Last Five (all competitions, most recent first): W W W W W
- Last Result: Stoke City 0-1 Manchester City
Redkanpp has few injury worries for the midweek Premier League tie as QPR's January recruit Loic Remy is set to miss the game against City after picking up a hamstring injury. In addition to this, the Hoops will be without forwards Junior Hoilett and the former Fulham duo Bobby Zamora and Andrew Johnson, who have all been ruled out for the game on Tuesday. Defender Jose Bosingwa will also miss the tie against the Premier League champions.
Probable Line-Up: Cesar; Onuoha, Hill, Nelsen, Fabio; Wright-Phillips, Mbia, Derry, Mackie; Taarabt; Bothroyd
Mancini has defensive worries for the game against QPR as the English champions will be without their skipper Vincent Kompany, England international Micah Richards and summer recruit Maicon, who are all ruled out with injuries. In addition to this, Matija Nastasic is set to undergo a late fitness test and remains doubtful for the midweek tie. Côte d'Ivoire internationals Kolo Toure along with his brother Yaya Toure will be out of action for City, as the duo are currently representing their country for the 2013 African Cup of Nations.
Probable Line-Up: Hart; Zabaleta, Rekik, Lescott, Clichy; Milner, Barry, Garcia, Silva; Dzeko, Aguero
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin Demands More Playing Time From Lakers Next Season
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Rafael Nadal’s Retirement Plan Includes Becoming Pro Poker Player; Spaniard To Unveil New Serve at US Open
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More