‘Race 2’ Box Office Collection: Action-Thriller Earns ₹68 Crore Worldwide in Three Days
By Ankita Mehta | January 29, 2013 4:47 PM EST
After a good opening weekend in India, "Race 2" is making it big at overseas box offices. The action-thriller, directed by duo Abbas-Mustan, had a fantastic weekend in the international market after earning ₹17.26 crore in the first three days of its release.
The worldwide total of the film after three days now stands at ₹68.61 crore. The film is doing well particularly in the UAE where it minted ₹5.22 crore.
The three days breakup of the film is: UK ₹3.02 crore (£ 356,258), US ₹4.77 crore ($ 884,757), UAE ₹5.22 crore ($ 970,000), Australia ₹1.03 crore (A$ 183,750) and New Zealand ₹32.13 lakh (NZ$ 71,341).
The film was released in more than 50 countries including newer territories like Casablanca, Marrakech, Maldives, East Timor, Myanmar, Morocco and Vietnam.
The film had raked in good collections at the domestic front too by collecting ₹51.35 crore. After witnessing a jump on Saturday, its earnings declined slightly on Sunday.
The three-day breakup of the film is: Friday ₹15.12 crore, Saturday, ₹20.72 crore and Sunday ₹15.51 crore.
The second installment of director duo Abbas-Mustan's 2008 film "Race" features Saif Ali Kha, Anil Kapoor, John Abraham, Deepika Padukone, Jacqueline Fernandez and Ameesha Patel.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Jurassic World’ Director Teases New Image Featuring Chris Pratt In A Friendly Pose With A Raptor [Spoilers]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 10 Update: Air Date, Hints, Oliver Queen's Return Theories [Spoilers, Review]
- Bookmaker Suspends Bets on Queen Elizabeth II Christmas Day Abdication Announcement
- 'White Collar' Season 6, Episode 6 Spoiler: Matt Bomer's Neal Caffrey Dies In Finale Speculations, Mozzie Dies And 'Baby Neal' In Facebook Comments
- Kate Middleton News: The Duchess Glams Up In Queen’s Christmas Lunch After Controversial Hoodie [PHOTOS]