Top After-Market NYSE Movers (First American, Plum Creek, Opko Health, Demand Media, W.R. Berkley, Vmware, AVX Corp, Fusion-io, EMC Corp, Navistar)
By Satya Nagendra | January 29, 2013 4:09 PM EST
The top after-market NYSE gainers Monday were First American Corp, Plum Creek Timber Co, Opko Health, Demand Media and W.R. Berkley Corp. The top after-market NYSE losers were Vmware, AVX Corp, Fusion-io, EMC Corp and Navistar International.
First American Corp. (NYSE:FAF) shares climbed 5.73 percent to $24.74 in post-market trading. The stock has a 52-week low of $14.46, a 52-week high of $25.82 and $2.50 billion in market capitalization.
Plum Creek Timber Co Inc. (NYSE:PCL) shares surged 3.36 percent to $48.90 in post-market trading. The company reported the fourth quarter net income of $79 million or $0.49 per share, up from $61 million or $0.38 per share in the same period last year and also topped Reuters’ estimate of a $0.29 per share.
Opko Health Inc. (NYSE:OPK) shares gained 3.03 percent to $6.80 in post-market trading. Analysts at Barrington Research Monday raised their price target on shares of Opko Health to $7.50 from $6.00.
Demand Media Inc. (NYSE:DMD) shares advanced 2.56 percent to $8.67 in post-market trading. The company stock plunged nearly 6 percent in regular trading Monday.
W.R. Berkley Corp. (NYSE:WRB) shares rose 2.41 percent to $42.05 in post-market trading. Its fourth quarter net profit rose to $165.4 million or $1.17 per share from $117.0 million or $0.82 per share in the same period last year.
Vmware, Inc. (NYSE:VMW) shares slumped 14.62 percent to $83.95 in post-market trading. The company announced Monday that it would eliminate approximately 900 jobs and planned to exit certain lines of business and consolidation of facilities. Vmware also expects the first quarter revenue to be in a range of $1.17 to $1.19 billion, below the analysts’ expectations of $1.25 billion.
AVX Corp. (NYSE:AVX) shares plunged 4.05 percent to $10.90 in post-market trading. The stock has a 52-week low of $9.11, a 52-week high of $13.77 and $1.92 billion in market capitalization.
Fusion-io, Inc. (NYSE:FIO) shares declined 3.80 percent to $19.76 in post-market trading. The stock has a 52-week low of $17.45, a 52-week high of $33.87 and $1.97 billion in market capitalization.
EMC Corp. (NYSE:EMC) shares declined 3.57 percent to $24.30 in post-market trading. The stock has a 52-week low of $22.77, a 52-week high of $30.00 and $53.09 billion in market capitalization.
Navistar International Corp. (NYSE:NAV) shares declined 2.71 percent to $25.52 in post-market trading. The company stock surged more than 2.5 percent in regular trading.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Tourre on stand says email in SEC case 'not accurate'
- Syrian authorities blocking access to needy in Homs - Red Cross
- Faith in European Union at low ebb, EU poll says
- Former UBS banker gets 18 months, $1 million fine, for muni bid-rigging scheme
- U.S. judge halts challenges to Detroit's bankruptcy bid
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu