Top After-Market NYSE Movers (First American, Plum Creek, Opko Health, Demand Media, W.R. Berkley, Vmware, AVX Corp, Fusion-io, EMC Corp, Navistar)
By Satya Nagendra | January 29, 2013 4:09 PM EST
The top after-market NYSE gainers Monday were First American Corp, Plum Creek Timber Co, Opko Health, Demand Media and W.R. Berkley Corp. The top after-market NYSE losers were Vmware, AVX Corp, Fusion-io, EMC Corp and Navistar International.
First American Corp. (NYSE:FAF) shares climbed 5.73 percent to $24.74 in post-market trading. The stock has a 52-week low of $14.46, a 52-week high of $25.82 and $2.50 billion in market capitalization.
Plum Creek Timber Co Inc. (NYSE:PCL) shares surged 3.36 percent to $48.90 in post-market trading. The company reported the fourth quarter net income of $79 million or $0.49 per share, up from $61 million or $0.38 per share in the same period last year and also topped Reuters’ estimate of a $0.29 per share.
Opko Health Inc. (NYSE:OPK) shares gained 3.03 percent to $6.80 in post-market trading. Analysts at Barrington Research Monday raised their price target on shares of Opko Health to $7.50 from $6.00.
Demand Media Inc. (NYSE:DMD) shares advanced 2.56 percent to $8.67 in post-market trading. The company stock plunged nearly 6 percent in regular trading Monday.
W.R. Berkley Corp. (NYSE:WRB) shares rose 2.41 percent to $42.05 in post-market trading. Its fourth quarter net profit rose to $165.4 million or $1.17 per share from $117.0 million or $0.82 per share in the same period last year.
Vmware, Inc. (NYSE:VMW) shares slumped 14.62 percent to $83.95 in post-market trading. The company announced Monday that it would eliminate approximately 900 jobs and planned to exit certain lines of business and consolidation of facilities. Vmware also expects the first quarter revenue to be in a range of $1.17 to $1.19 billion, below the analysts’ expectations of $1.25 billion.
AVX Corp. (NYSE:AVX) shares plunged 4.05 percent to $10.90 in post-market trading. The stock has a 52-week low of $9.11, a 52-week high of $13.77 and $1.92 billion in market capitalization.
Fusion-io, Inc. (NYSE:FIO) shares declined 3.80 percent to $19.76 in post-market trading. The stock has a 52-week low of $17.45, a 52-week high of $33.87 and $1.97 billion in market capitalization.
EMC Corp. (NYSE:EMC) shares declined 3.57 percent to $24.30 in post-market trading. The stock has a 52-week low of $22.77, a 52-week high of $30.00 and $53.09 billion in market capitalization.
Navistar International Corp. (NYSE:NAV) shares declined 2.71 percent to $25.52 in post-market trading. The company stock surged more than 2.5 percent in regular trading.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
Join the Conversation
- Tourre on stand says email in SEC case 'not accurate'
- Syrian authorities blocking access to needy in Homs - Red Cross
- Faith in European Union at low ebb, EU poll says
- Former UBS banker gets 18 months, $1 million fine, for muni bid-rigging scheme
- U.S. judge halts challenges to Detroit's bankruptcy bid
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’