Top After-Market NYSE Movers (First American, Plum Creek, Opko Health, Demand Media, W.R. Berkley, Vmware, AVX Corp, Fusion-io, EMC Corp, Navistar)
By Satya Nagendra | January 29, 2013 4:09 PM EST
The top after-market NYSE gainers Monday were First American Corp, Plum Creek Timber Co, Opko Health, Demand Media and W.R. Berkley Corp. The top after-market NYSE losers were Vmware, AVX Corp, Fusion-io, EMC Corp and Navistar International.
First American Corp. (NYSE:FAF) shares climbed 5.73 percent to $24.74 in post-market trading. The stock has a 52-week low of $14.46, a 52-week high of $25.82 and $2.50 billion in market capitalization.
Plum Creek Timber Co Inc. (NYSE:PCL) shares surged 3.36 percent to $48.90 in post-market trading. The company reported the fourth quarter net income of $79 million or $0.49 per share, up from $61 million or $0.38 per share in the same period last year and also topped Reuters’ estimate of a $0.29 per share.
Opko Health Inc. (NYSE:OPK) shares gained 3.03 percent to $6.80 in post-market trading. Analysts at Barrington Research Monday raised their price target on shares of Opko Health to $7.50 from $6.00.
Demand Media Inc. (NYSE:DMD) shares advanced 2.56 percent to $8.67 in post-market trading. The company stock plunged nearly 6 percent in regular trading Monday.
W.R. Berkley Corp. (NYSE:WRB) shares rose 2.41 percent to $42.05 in post-market trading. Its fourth quarter net profit rose to $165.4 million or $1.17 per share from $117.0 million or $0.82 per share in the same period last year.
Vmware, Inc. (NYSE:VMW) shares slumped 14.62 percent to $83.95 in post-market trading. The company announced Monday that it would eliminate approximately 900 jobs and planned to exit certain lines of business and consolidation of facilities. Vmware also expects the first quarter revenue to be in a range of $1.17 to $1.19 billion, below the analysts’ expectations of $1.25 billion.
AVX Corp. (NYSE:AVX) shares plunged 4.05 percent to $10.90 in post-market trading. The stock has a 52-week low of $9.11, a 52-week high of $13.77 and $1.92 billion in market capitalization.
Fusion-io, Inc. (NYSE:FIO) shares declined 3.80 percent to $19.76 in post-market trading. The stock has a 52-week low of $17.45, a 52-week high of $33.87 and $1.97 billion in market capitalization.
EMC Corp. (NYSE:EMC) shares declined 3.57 percent to $24.30 in post-market trading. The stock has a 52-week low of $22.77, a 52-week high of $30.00 and $53.09 billion in market capitalization.
Navistar International Corp. (NYSE:NAV) shares declined 2.71 percent to $25.52 in post-market trading. The company stock surged more than 2.5 percent in regular trading.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Tourre on stand says email in SEC case 'not accurate'
- Syrian authorities blocking access to needy in Homs - Red Cross
- Faith in European Union at low ebb, EU poll says
- Former UBS banker gets 18 months, $1 million fine, for muni bid-rigging scheme
- U.S. judge halts challenges to Detroit's bankruptcy bid
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More