Kindle Fire Beats Google Nexus 7 -- Amazon Tablet Winning the Small Android Tablet Game?
By Arlene Paredes | January 29, 2013 3:00 PM EST
The Kindle Fire devices are winning the Android tablet game, at least in the U.S. According to a study, Google Nexus 7 does not even come close to Kindle Fire as the most dominant Android tablet in the country.
Localytics used app installations to estimate market shares, collecting insights from 500 million unique devices.
"A full 59% of all Android tablets seen by apps with Localytics integrated are based in the US, and over half of those are Kindle Fires or Kindle Fire HDs," says the Localytics report.
The research also noted, "89% of Amazon's family of tablets live in America, with most of the rest in Great Britain. After those two, no other country has even one percent of worldwide Kindle Fires."
The Kindle Fire devices covered in the study are understood to be the Kindle Fire, Kindle Fire HD and Kindle Fire HD 8.9.
The Nexus 7 and the 7-inch Kindle Fire HD are not very different in terms of price and specs. Both devices display a resolution of 1280×800 pixels (216 pixels per inch). Both also start at $199 price tag. But the small Kindle Fire HD is a bit heavier than Nexus 7 at 395 g vs 340 g.
The Nexus 7 has 1.3 GHz quad-core Cortex-A9 and 1 GB RAM under its hood, while the small Kindle Fire HD has 1.2 GHz dual-core ARM Cortex-A9. Users can choose between 16 GB and 32 GB storage space options for both gadgets. For early Android adopters, the Nexus 7 is more preferable for running on the more updated Android (4.2.1 Jelly Bean), as opposed to Kindle's Android 4.0.
VIDEO: Google Nexus 7 vs Kindle Fire HD (MobileTechReview)
One of the main differentiators of these devices is the store associate to the device. Nexus users shop at Google Play Store, which is relatively a newbie against Amazon for Kindle.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft
- Nuclear War: Putin Certain To Launch Battle To Avoid Corruption Charges, Whistleblower Claims