Transfer Rumors: From Arsenal, Chelsea to Manchester United
By Czarina Malleta | January 29, 2013 12:31 PM EST
Football managers are all around Europe for final adjustments of their squads for the remaining time of the season. Conclusions are nearing while transfer rumors from Arsenal, Chelsea and Manchester United are still circulating.
Eyes are turned to the Premier League and assessments are made on England's top football teams. If Americans can't get enough of their NBA then Europe definitely shares the same passion with football. With that said, football teams are gearing up to polish their squads.
Arsenal's biggest move this January was to make a long-term deal with Theo Walcott. However, many critics are saying that the team needs to strengthen more if they're aiming to finish in the Premier League of four. Arsene Wenger said that they are ready to spend all out for the team but debates that there aren't enough talents available for them to pick up.
Although getting Walcott was a big move, it may not be enough to spare Wenger from his probable worst season at Arsenal.
Chelsea also made a big leap in strengthening their team this January by importing Demba Ba from Newcastle. Apart from that, they've also made a new one-year deal with Ashley Cole but refused to give Frank Lampard a longer contract. Signing in Demba was a wise move for The Blues, however they still struggle when it comes to managerial consistency.
Premier League leader, Manchester United, managed to snatch Wilfried Zaha from Crystal Palace. While another prospect, Angelo Henriquez was loaned to Wigan. Although they are considered one of the best of all the leagues, Manchester United struggles when it comes to defense. Their attention has always been focused on the goalkeeper and this might take a toll on them if they don't improve in defense.
But most definitely, importing Zaha and having Fergie to secure the Premier League title does a lot for the team. But when it comes to the Champion's League, it may be a whole different matter.
When the game starts, we'll be able to see who has done well with the January transfer windows.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- MMA News: Transgender Fighter Fallon Fox Challenges Ronda Rousey, Fires Back on ‘Ignorant’ Comments
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Points Out Amir Khan's Poor Boxing Record
- Floyd Mayweather Admits Marcos Maidana’s Power Shot Hurt Him [VIDEO]
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Fight Won't Happen As Long As Bob Arum Is Involved, Says Pacquiao's Former Conditioning Coach
- WWE News: CM Punk Merchandise Pulled From Stands, Punk Chasing Royalties For WWE 2K15 Inclusion [VIDEO]
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Samsung Galaxy S5: Battle of the Samsung Flagship Smartphones
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Apple iPad Air 2, OS X Yosemite Release Date Set For October, While iPad Mini 3 With Retina Headed For 2015 Release
- Purported Xiaomi Redmi Note Successor Powered With Monstrous Processor Under Wraps, Will Take On Meizu MX4
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed