Transfer Rumors: From Arsenal, Chelsea to Manchester United
By Czarina Malleta | January 29, 2013 12:31 PM EST
Football managers are all around Europe for final adjustments of their squads for the remaining time of the season. Conclusions are nearing while transfer rumors from Arsenal, Chelsea and Manchester United are still circulating.
Eyes are turned to the Premier League and assessments are made on England's top football teams. If Americans can't get enough of their NBA then Europe definitely shares the same passion with football. With that said, football teams are gearing up to polish their squads.
Arsenal's biggest move this January was to make a long-term deal with Theo Walcott. However, many critics are saying that the team needs to strengthen more if they're aiming to finish in the Premier League of four. Arsene Wenger said that they are ready to spend all out for the team but debates that there aren't enough talents available for them to pick up.
Although getting Walcott was a big move, it may not be enough to spare Wenger from his probable worst season at Arsenal.
Chelsea also made a big leap in strengthening their team this January by importing Demba Ba from Newcastle. Apart from that, they've also made a new one-year deal with Ashley Cole but refused to give Frank Lampard a longer contract. Signing in Demba was a wise move for The Blues, however they still struggle when it comes to managerial consistency.
Premier League leader, Manchester United, managed to snatch Wilfried Zaha from Crystal Palace. While another prospect, Angelo Henriquez was loaned to Wigan. Although they are considered one of the best of all the leagues, Manchester United struggles when it comes to defense. Their attention has always been focused on the goalkeeper and this might take a toll on them if they don't improve in defense.
But most definitely, importing Zaha and having Fergie to secure the Premier League title does a lot for the team. But when it comes to the Champion's League, it may be a whole different matter.
When the game starts, we'll be able to see who has done well with the January transfer windows.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Rafael Nadal To Kick Off 2015 Season At The Mubadala World Tennis Championship, Undergoes Knee Treatment Prior Appendectomy
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery