Transfer Rumors: From Arsenal, Chelsea to Manchester United
By Czarina Malleta | January 29, 2013 12:31 PM EST
Football managers are all around Europe for final adjustments of their squads for the remaining time of the season. Conclusions are nearing while transfer rumors from Arsenal, Chelsea and Manchester United are still circulating.
Eyes are turned to the Premier League and assessments are made on England's top football teams. If Americans can't get enough of their NBA then Europe definitely shares the same passion with football. With that said, football teams are gearing up to polish their squads.
Arsenal's biggest move this January was to make a long-term deal with Theo Walcott. However, many critics are saying that the team needs to strengthen more if they're aiming to finish in the Premier League of four. Arsene Wenger said that they are ready to spend all out for the team but debates that there aren't enough talents available for them to pick up.
Although getting Walcott was a big move, it may not be enough to spare Wenger from his probable worst season at Arsenal.
Chelsea also made a big leap in strengthening their team this January by importing Demba Ba from Newcastle. Apart from that, they've also made a new one-year deal with Ashley Cole but refused to give Frank Lampard a longer contract. Signing in Demba was a wise move for The Blues, however they still struggle when it comes to managerial consistency.
Premier League leader, Manchester United, managed to snatch Wilfried Zaha from Crystal Palace. While another prospect, Angelo Henriquez was loaned to Wigan. Although they are considered one of the best of all the leagues, Manchester United struggles when it comes to defense. Their attention has always been focused on the goalkeeper and this might take a toll on them if they don't improve in defense.
But most definitely, importing Zaha and having Fergie to secure the Premier League title does a lot for the team. But when it comes to the Champion's League, it may be a whole different matter.
When the game starts, we'll be able to see who has done well with the January transfer windows.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Roger Federer Regains Deadly Service Game - Andy Roddick
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Rumours Spice Up as Balotelli is Spotted in New York, where Gunners will Hold Pre-season Camp [PHOTOS]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales