Policy action to show result in 6-12 months - RBI
August 12, 2010 11:31 PM EST
"One strong criticism of the Reserve Bank's approach has been that it has been "too little, too late". I would submit that the test of this is yet to come," Subir Gokarn said in a article which was published on the bank's website on Thursday.
"It is well-known that monetary policy acts with a lag."
The Reserve Bank of India has raised rates by 25 basis points each in March, April and early July, and followed this with a more forceful hike late last month.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen