Policy action to show result in 6-12 months - RBI
August 12, 2010 11:31 PM EST
"One strong criticism of the Reserve Bank's approach has been that it has been "too little, too late". I would submit that the test of this is yet to come," Subir Gokarn said in a article which was published on the bank's website on Thursday.
"It is well-known that monetary policy acts with a lag."
The Reserve Bank of India has raised rates by 25 basis points each in March, April and early July, and followed this with a more forceful hike late last month.
Join the Conversation
- Japan’s Fukushima Badly Wants To Host 2020 Tokyo Olympics
- If ‘Selfie’ Was The Word Of The Year In 2013, Selfie Stick Is Top Christmas Gift In 2014
- Unique Traits That Make You A Millennial
- Russian Prime Minister Meets Exporting Companies To Find Solutions To Falling Ruble
- Top Google Canada 2014 Searches: Robin Williams, World Cup, iPhone 6