Taye Diggs Robbed: Actor Apprehends Burglar Breaking Into His Home After 2013 SAG Awards
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | January 29, 2013 3:19 AM EST
Following an evening at the SAG Awards Sunday, Taye Diggs thwarted a burglar that was attempting to break into his home.
Diggs, who presented at the awards show was returning home with wife, Idina Menzel around 11 p.m. to discover someone breaking into their home, TMZ reports.
After confronting the burglar, who took off running, the “Private Practice” star proceeded to chase after the man, approximately age 20, caught him and held him down until police arrived.
According to TMZ, a second getaway driver got away.
MTV notes that Diggs at least had an enjoyable evening at the SAG Awards before having to take down the wayward burglar.
He presented the Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Drama Series award alongside "Cougar Town" star Busy Phillipps to Claire Danes for her role on "Homeland."
Directly after the awards, Diggs apparently took part in some after party festivities and tweeted about his good time.
"Dee felt bloated, but I had a blast. My favorite part is the dance party afterwards. DJ Paesche kills it and everyone's on the dance floor," he wrote on the social media website.
According to MTV, Diggs has yet to speak out about the incident.
The actor joins the ranks of stars willing who adamantly protect their homes, which includes rapper LL Cool J, who apprehended a burglar that broke into his house in August of last year.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- The Burka Avenger Educates Children While Fighting For Girls' Education Rights In New Pakistan TV Show
- Christopher Walken To Play Mob Boss In Film Adaptation Of Four Seasons Musical 'Jersey Boys'
- William Cantrell Mistakes Human Ashes For Cocaine, May Have Snorted Remains
- Giant Alligator Eats 80-Pound Dog In North Carolina, Gator May Still Be Alive
- Steve McQueen's Last Ride, 1952 Custom Chevy Pickup Truck, Hits The Auction Block
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop