Taye Diggs Robbed: Actor Apprehends Burglar Breaking Into His Home After 2013 SAG Awards
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | January 29, 2013 3:19 AM EST
Following an evening at the SAG Awards Sunday, Taye Diggs thwarted a burglar that was attempting to break into his home.
Diggs, who presented at the awards show was returning home with wife, Idina Menzel around 11 p.m. to discover someone breaking into their home, TMZ reports.
After confronting the burglar, who took off running, the “Private Practice” star proceeded to chase after the man, approximately age 20, caught him and held him down until police arrived.
According to TMZ, a second getaway driver got away.
MTV notes that Diggs at least had an enjoyable evening at the SAG Awards before having to take down the wayward burglar.
He presented the Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Drama Series award alongside "Cougar Town" star Busy Phillipps to Claire Danes for her role on "Homeland."
Directly after the awards, Diggs apparently took part in some after party festivities and tweeted about his good time.
"Dee felt bloated, but I had a blast. My favorite part is the dance party afterwards. DJ Paesche kills it and everyone's on the dance floor," he wrote on the social media website.
According to MTV, Diggs has yet to speak out about the incident.
The actor joins the ranks of stars willing who adamantly protect their homes, which includes rapper LL Cool J, who apprehended a burglar that broke into his house in August of last year.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
- Taylor Swift's Famous Ex-Boyfriends: From Harry Styles To Joe Jonas [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- The Burka Avenger Educates Children While Fighting For Girls' Education Rights In New Pakistan TV Show
- Christopher Walken To Play Mob Boss In Film Adaptation Of Four Seasons Musical 'Jersey Boys'
- William Cantrell Mistakes Human Ashes For Cocaine, May Have Snorted Remains
- Giant Alligator Eats 80-Pound Dog In North Carolina, Gator May Still Be Alive
- Steve McQueen's Last Ride, 1952 Custom Chevy Pickup Truck, Hits The Auction Block
- 3 Signs Nexus 6, 8 Release Date Nears: Leaked Pics, KitKat Factory Image & Android L Details Emerge
- Apple iPhone 6 vs. OnePlus One: With Invitation-Only Model Rested, OnePlus One Can Be A Real Threat To iPhone 6
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Available Through O2 For £380, Other Carriers To Follow Soon
- ISIS Supporters are Walking Among the Many in the United States – Report
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- ISIS Receives Food, Ammunition Due To Mistake Of Iraqi Pilots
- Airstrikes Against ISIS Has Claimed Innocent Lives In Syria, Dubbed ‘Ineffective’ By Jihadi Fighters, US Military To Ask For More Spending Money