Facebook Rallies on Analyst Comments Ahead of Earnings Report
By Sam Mattera | January 29, 2013 3:03 AM EST
But shares have been rallying in recent months after hitting a low near $17. Facebook continued to climb on Monday, moving above $32 per share, after several analysts stressed their bullish outlooks.
Raymond James upgraded Facebook to Outperform from Market Perform with a $38 price target.
Bank of America maintained its Buy rating and $35 price target.
JPMorgan reiterated its Overweight rating and $35 price target.
Sterne Agee reiterated its Buy rating and $37 price target.
Facebook is set to report earnings on Wednesday after the closing bell. The analyst community sees upside heading into earnings.
Bank of America believes that increasingly high expectations for Facebook are “achievable” and expects that mobile traction as well as new advertising optimism will be catalysts for the year.
Sterne thinks Facebook is well positioned to benefit from two trends it observes in advertising: The shift to online advertising and the increasing importance of social advertising.
JPMorgan cites Facebook Exchange as a driver for yield in the desktop realm, particularly over the next several quarters. However, JPMorgan also cites video ads in the News Feed, Graph Search and Instagram as future earnings catalysts.
Raymond James was perhaps the most bullish, going so far as to upgrade the stock.
Raymond James states that their checks with advertising partners reveal strong demand for Mobile, News Feed and Facebook Exchange. The firm also sees strong demand from Facebook users, who revealed in a survey that they largely expect to increase their use of Facebook, particularly on mobile devices.
Tom Forte, an analyst at Telsey Advisory Group, told Benzinga mobile will key going forward. Internet usage is increasingly moving from the desktop to the mobile world, and Facebook's advertising revenue (as a percentage) from mobile will continue to increase. Forte has a $38 price target on Facebook.
Shares of Facebook traded near $32.17 on Monday.
(c) 2013 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Confirmed as Apple Sets Sept 9 iWatch, 2 iPhones Intro - Report
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko
- Google Nexus 6 Release May Be the New Google Nexus X Smartphone as New Details Emerge
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps