Guardiola to Bid for Suarez and Falcao in £240m Shopping Spree - Report
By Didrik Ottesen | January 29, 2013 3:07 AM EST
Pep Guardiola will be handed a huge warchest to overhaul Bayern Munch when he takes charge at the Allianz Arena this summer, according to reports.
Sources in Germany claim Guardiola will be given £240m to revamp the Bayern squad - and Liverpool striker Luis Suarez and Atletico Madrid star Radamel Falcao are currently top of his wishlist.
The former Barcelona manager is believed to be interested in signing Suarez, who, with his contract running out in 2018, will cost the German giants approximately £40million, according to L'Equipe.
As he returns from his year-long sabbatical, it is also reported that Guardiola will attempt to trigger Falcao's release clause at Atletico Madrid, which is believed to be in the region of £60million - an unprecedented transfer fee in Germany.
Bayern, who already have a wealth of attacing talent in Arjen Robben, Mario Gomez, Thomas Muller, Mario Mandzukic and Franck Ribery on their books, would be making a serious staement of intent should they bid for Falcao and Suarez.
Between them the two strikers have scored 43 goals in all competitions this season. Suarez has scored 21 times for Liverpool while Falcao has 22 for Atletico, and the South American pair are widely regarded as two of the top goalscorers in world football.
Should they manage to gain either striker in the summer, Bayern would pose a serious threat in the Champions League - which they are desperate to win after losing last year's final in dramatic circumstances to Chelsea.
Bayern are already looking as though they will win the league title this season. They are currently 11 points clear of Bayer Leverkusen, and Gaurdiola may decide that the priority is to win a first Champions League trophy since 2001.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Roger Federer Regains Deadly Service Game - Andy Roddick
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Rumours Spice Up as Balotelli is Spotted in New York, where Gunners will Hold Pre-season Camp [PHOTOS]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales