Guardiola to Bid for Suarez and Falcao in £240m Shopping Spree - Report
By Didrik Ottesen | January 29, 2013 3:07 AM EST
Pep Guardiola will be handed a huge warchest to overhaul Bayern Munch when he takes charge at the Allianz Arena this summer, according to reports.
Sources in Germany claim Guardiola will be given £240m to revamp the Bayern squad - and Liverpool striker Luis Suarez and Atletico Madrid star Radamel Falcao are currently top of his wishlist.
The former Barcelona manager is believed to be interested in signing Suarez, who, with his contract running out in 2018, will cost the German giants approximately £40million, according to L'Equipe.
As he returns from his year-long sabbatical, it is also reported that Guardiola will attempt to trigger Falcao's release clause at Atletico Madrid, which is believed to be in the region of £60million - an unprecedented transfer fee in Germany.
Bayern, who already have a wealth of attacing talent in Arjen Robben, Mario Gomez, Thomas Muller, Mario Mandzukic and Franck Ribery on their books, would be making a serious staement of intent should they bid for Falcao and Suarez.
Between them the two strikers have scored 43 goals in all competitions this season. Suarez has scored 21 times for Liverpool while Falcao has 22 for Atletico, and the South American pair are widely regarded as two of the top goalscorers in world football.
Should they manage to gain either striker in the summer, Bayern would pose a serious threat in the Champions League - which they are desperate to win after losing last year's final in dramatic circumstances to Chelsea.
Bayern are already looking as though they will win the league title this season. They are currently 11 points clear of Bayer Leverkusen, and Gaurdiola may decide that the priority is to win a first Champions League trophy since 2001.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related