Where Do The World’s Commodities Come From? Cool Global Commodities Map From Anonymous Glencore Trader Posted On Reddit
By Moran Zhang | January 29, 2013 2:58 AM EST
A rare glimpse into life at Glencore International Plc (LON: GLEN) was given to users of link-sharing website Reddit recently when an anonymous trader at the Swiss commodities giant – or at least someone claiming to be one – did a Reddit Ask Me Almost Anything.
The trader answered questions ranging from “who much do you make?” to “would you get fired if they knew you did this?” on the popular “IAMA sub-Reddit,” which has previously hosted numerous celebrities, industry leaders and even U.S. president Barack Obama.
While is hard to verify that he is who he says he is, this supposed Glencore trader seems to know the deal inside out. For those who are interested in emerging markets and key commodity reserves, he uploaded a very useful map that shows how a handful of countries produce the bulk of global resources.
If you want to read more, here’s an IAmA post from someone who claims to be a former McKinsey management consultant from two years ago. Also, Reddit offers a handy Google Calendar for all the upcoming AMAs.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight