Where Do The World’s Commodities Come From? Cool Global Commodities Map From Anonymous Glencore Trader Posted On Reddit
By Moran Zhang | January 29, 2013 2:58 AM EST
A rare glimpse into life at Glencore International Plc (LON: GLEN) was given to users of link-sharing website Reddit recently when an anonymous trader at the Swiss commodities giant – or at least someone claiming to be one – did a Reddit Ask Me Almost Anything.
The trader answered questions ranging from “who much do you make?” to “would you get fired if they knew you did this?” on the popular “IAMA sub-Reddit,” which has previously hosted numerous celebrities, industry leaders and even U.S. president Barack Obama.
While is hard to verify that he is who he says he is, this supposed Glencore trader seems to know the deal inside out. For those who are interested in emerging markets and key commodity reserves, he uploaded a very useful map that shows how a handful of countries produce the bulk of global resources.
If you want to read more, here’s an IAmA post from someone who claims to be a former McKinsey management consultant from two years ago. Also, Reddit offers a handy Google Calendar for all the upcoming AMAs.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones