Where Do The World’s Commodities Come From? Cool Global Commodities Map From Anonymous Glencore Trader Posted On Reddit
By Moran Zhang | January 29, 2013 2:58 AM EST
A rare glimpse into life at Glencore International Plc (LON: GLEN) was given to users of link-sharing website Reddit recently when an anonymous trader at the Swiss commodities giant – or at least someone claiming to be one – did a Reddit Ask Me Almost Anything.
The trader answered questions ranging from “who much do you make?” to “would you get fired if they knew you did this?” on the popular “IAMA sub-Reddit,” which has previously hosted numerous celebrities, industry leaders and even U.S. president Barack Obama.
While is hard to verify that he is who he says he is, this supposed Glencore trader seems to know the deal inside out. For those who are interested in emerging markets and key commodity reserves, he uploaded a very useful map that shows how a handful of countries produce the bulk of global resources.
If you want to read more, here’s an IAmA post from someone who claims to be a former McKinsey management consultant from two years ago. Also, Reddit offers a handy Google Calendar for all the upcoming AMAs.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Australian Stock Market Report – Afternoon November 28, 2014
- Australian Stock Market Report – Midday November 28, 2014
- Canada's Diavik Diamond Mine Receives $350M Boost From Anglo-Australian Miner Rio Tinto
- Global Markets Overview – November 28, 2014
- Australian Stock Market Report – Morning November 28, 2014
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast
- Walmart Canada Black Friday 2014 Ad For Nov. 28, 2014 Up To Dec. 1, 2014 Includes Savings On The iPad Mini 16GB And The Beats Solo HD Drenched Headphones