Brazil Nightclub Fire: Lady Gaga Prays for Victims as Police Make Arrests
By Toyin Owoseje | January 29, 2013 2:25 AM EST
Pop star Lady Gaga has led the celebrity tributes following the tragic Brazilian nightclub fire which claimed 232 lives.
The 26-year-old star used social network to expressed her sadness and send her condolences to those who lost loved ones after hearing about the tragedy.
She shared a picture of herself praying with her 33.5million followers on Twitter and included also posted the message: "Sending my prayers to the families and friends who lost loved one in the fire in Brazil. I'm thinking of you today during this tragedy.
"My heart is with you Brazil."
In the image the Paparazzi hit maker can be seen make-up free and lying in bed with her hands clasped together.
Brazilian police have arrested three people in connection with a fire at a nightclub that killed 231 people in the southern city of Santa Maria on Sunday.
An owner of the Kiss nightclub, a member of the band Gurizada Fandangueira, and its security chief were being questioned, police said.
The New-York born star was a particularly affected by the Santa Maria tragedy after discovering that one of her 'little monsters' (as her fans are known) has died in the blaze.
Gaga previously retweeted a message from a follower which revealed the tragic demise of one of her fans.
"A Little Monster died in a tragedy here in Brazil! His name is Luiz Felipe! Mother Monster Pray for him! @ladygaga #PrayForSantaMaria +181," the message read.
In the early hours of 26 January a fire ravaged through the Boate Kiss nightclub, killing party goers aged between 16 students and 20.
According to local reports, many of the victims died inhaling toxic fumes during the rush to escape through the venue's single exit.
It is believed to be the second worst fire tragedy in Brazil after a devastating circus blaze in 1961 that killed more than 500 people.
Other stars including Demi Lovato, and Will.i.am reacted with shock and disbelief.
X Factor USA judge Lovato tweeted: "So sad to hear about the nightclub fire in Brazil. Such a tragedy. Praying for everyone affected down there."
Black Eyed Peas frontman Will.i.am said "I am so sad to hear the sad news about my lovely brazil...#PrayforSantaMaria and the families who lost loved ones in this tragedy."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron' Teaser Trailer: Fans' Cry At ‘Epic’ Footage, Vision Not Featured
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’