Energy Stocks & Oil Special Trend Analysis Report
By Chris Vermeulen | January 29, 2013 1:43 AM EST
Crude oil has been trading ways for the past year between the 2011 high and low. The trading range through 2012 has been contracting with a series of lower highs and higher lows. This pennant formation because it is taking place after an uptrend is a bullish pattern with $110 and possibly even $140+ per barrel in the next 6-18 months.
If you look at the weekly investing chart of crude oil the key support and resistance levels area clearly marked. A breakout of the white pennant will trigger a move to the next support or resistance level. And judging from the positive economic numbers not only form the USA but globally the odds are increased for the $110+ price target to be reached sooner than later.
Crude Oil Price Chart – Weekly Investing
Crude Oil Price Chart – Daily short term Analysis & Target
If we zoom into the daily chart and analyze price and volume you will notice the $100 per barrel level is potentially only 2-3 days way… But keep in mind whole numbers (decade & Century Numbers) naturally act as support and resistance levels. So when the $100 century price is reached there will be a wave of sellers with fat thumbs who will slam the price back down to the $96 and possibly back down to the $92 level before oil continues higher.
Utility Stocks – XLU – Weekly Investing Chart
The utility sector has done well and continues to look very bullish for 2013. This high dividend paying sector is liked by many and the price action speaks for its self… Keep in mind you can view my actual watchlist of stock and ETFs I trade in real-time with my analysis free:
Energy Sector Weekly Investing Chart
Energy stocks which can be followed using the XLE exchange traded fund (ETF) typically leads the price of oil. Looking at energy stocks we can see that they are outperforming the price of crude oil and on the verge of breaking out of a large Cup & Handle pattern. If so then $90 is the next stop but prices may go much higher in the long run.
Energy Stocks and Crude Oil Conclusion:
In short, crude oil is stuck in a large trading range much like gold and silver which I just wrote about here: http://www.thegoldandoilguy.com/articles/precious-metals-miners-making-waves-and-new-trends/
Once a breakout takes place on either the white or yellow lines on the first crude oil weekly chart we should see oil, energy and utility stocks start making some big moves. Depending on the direction of the breakout (Up or Down) it must be played in that direction to generate substantial profits obviously.
Get my daily analysis, updates and trade alerts here: www.TheGoldAndOilGuy.com
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Shifts Blame On US For Ukraine Crisis, Putin Accuses West of 'Remaking World'