Brent Could Reach New Highs This Week on U.S. Economic Data
By Laura Brodbeck | January 29, 2013 1:47 AM EST
Brent crude oil began the week trading that $113.21 on Monday morning. The commodity has found support from signs that the world's largest economies are recovering as well as rising tension within the Middle East.
The U.S. has been posting positive economic data in recent weeks and leading investors to believe that the world's largest oil consuming nation is on track for recovery. This week, investors will be waiting for the results of a U.S. Federal Reserve policy meeting which will conclude on Wednesday. The Fed is expected to keep interest rates low until unemployment rates drop to 6.5 percent.
U.S. unemployment data is also due out later in the week, but many expect that figure to be unchanged at 7.8 percent.
With two significant indicators of U.S. economic health due out this week, some are expecting to see big changes in the oil market.
(c) 2013 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Real Life ‘Frozen’: Snow Overwhelms The US, Kills 7; More To Come (Pictures)
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt in Sydney for ‘Unbroken’ Red Carpet Premiere [PHOTOS]
- G20 Summit Awkward Moments: Putin Yawns, Mystery Bubbles Appear, F18 Drama Ensues
Join the Conversation
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports