Brent Could Reach New Highs This Week on U.S. Economic Data
By Laura Brodbeck | January 29, 2013 1:47 AM EST
Brent crude oil began the week trading that $113.21 on Monday morning. The commodity has found support from signs that the world's largest economies are recovering as well as rising tension within the Middle East.
The U.S. has been posting positive economic data in recent weeks and leading investors to believe that the world's largest oil consuming nation is on track for recovery. This week, investors will be waiting for the results of a U.S. Federal Reserve policy meeting which will conclude on Wednesday. The Fed is expected to keep interest rates low until unemployment rates drop to 6.5 percent.
U.S. unemployment data is also due out later in the week, but many expect that figure to be unchanged at 7.8 percent.
With two significant indicators of U.S. economic health due out this week, some are expecting to see big changes in the oil market.
(c) 2013 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Male Tennis Players To Watch [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display
- Leaker of Actresses Nude Photos Accepting PayPal Donations in Exchange For Posting Alleged Sex Video of Jennifer Lawrence, Has Naked Pictures of 100 Hollywood A-Listers