Brent Could Reach New Highs This Week on U.S. Economic Data
By Laura Brodbeck | January 29, 2013 1:47 AM EST
Brent crude oil began the week trading that $113.21 on Monday morning. The commodity has found support from signs that the world's largest economies are recovering as well as rising tension within the Middle East.
The U.S. has been posting positive economic data in recent weeks and leading investors to believe that the world's largest oil consuming nation is on track for recovery. This week, investors will be waiting for the results of a U.S. Federal Reserve policy meeting which will conclude on Wednesday. The Fed is expected to keep interest rates low until unemployment rates drop to 6.5 percent.
U.S. unemployment data is also due out later in the week, but many expect that figure to be unchanged at 7.8 percent.
With two significant indicators of U.S. economic health due out this week, some are expecting to see big changes in the oil market.
(c) 2013 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 6 Most Wanted Feature Upgrades for Next iPhone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- HTC One M8 Windows Phone to Launch for Verizon; Release Date, Price, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate for New Smartphone
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff