Brent Could Reach New Highs This Week on U.S. Economic Data
By Laura Brodbeck | January 29, 2013 1:47 AM EST
Brent crude oil began the week trading that $113.21 on Monday morning. The commodity has found support from signs that the world's largest economies are recovering as well as rising tension within the Middle East.
The U.S. has been posting positive economic data in recent weeks and leading investors to believe that the world's largest oil consuming nation is on track for recovery. This week, investors will be waiting for the results of a U.S. Federal Reserve policy meeting which will conclude on Wednesday. The Fed is expected to keep interest rates low until unemployment rates drop to 6.5 percent.
U.S. unemployment data is also due out later in the week, but many expect that figure to be unchanged at 7.8 percent.
With two significant indicators of U.S. economic health due out this week, some are expecting to see big changes in the oil market.
(c) 2013 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Monday Night Football Recap: Chicago Bears 27, New York Jets 19
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- Russia, South Africa Sign US$50B (A$54.1B) Nuclear Deal
- Roubini Global Economics Forecasts 20% Decline In Value Of Aussie Dollar, Economic Slowdown
- Australian Stock Market Report – Midday September 23, 2014
- Global Markets Overview – September 23, 2014
- Australian Stock Market Report – Morning September 23, 2014
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed
- Apple iPad Air 2, OS X Yosemite Release Date Set For October, While iPad Mini 3 With Retina Headed For 2015 Release
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues