Delhi Gang Rape: Accused Who 'Ripped Victim's Intestines with Bare Hands' Confirmed as Juvenile
By Simi John | January 28, 2013 11:45 PM EST
The sixth accused in the brutal assault, gang-rape and murder of a 23-year-old Indian medical student has been confirmed as a juvenile by the country's Juvenile Justice Board.
"He is a juvenile. The Juvenile Justice Board declared the sixth accused as juvenile on the basis of the date of birth on his school certificate which mentions June 4, 1995," Ishkaran Singh Bhandari, the prosecutor for the case, told local newspaper Daily News & Analysis (DNA).
The accused in question was reportedly the most violent of the young woman's attackers and sexually abused her twice, in addition to ripping out her intestines with his bare hands. He will now face charges under the Juvenile Justice Act and will likely face only a maximum of three years in a correction house.
The victim's brother has expressed his disappointment over the verdict of the Juvenile Board.
"We are feeling really bad. We want all six accused hanged," he said, in a report by television channel NDTV.
Earlier, a second accused in the rape case also claimed to be a minor. The request of a bone ossification test has been rejected by the fast-track court trying the case but his lawyer, AP Singh, has confirmed they will now move the Delhi High Court, looking for permission for the test.
"We had asked Vinay [Sharma] should also be treated as a juvenile. His real date of birth is March 1, 1995. That application was rejected. We had asked a bone ossification test should be done on Vinay. We will now go to the High Court with our application," Singh said in NDTV's report.
Finally, in a heartrending piece of news, the young victim of this crime has passed her final-year medical exams with top marks. She scored nearly 75 percent in the tests, a performance her professors described as "very good".
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- Australia Races Against Potential Genocide In Iraq
- Ukraine Crisis: Putin Dangles Nuclear War Threat, US Senators Advise Sending Defensive Weapons
- James Foley Is A Spy – Jihadi Recruiter Reveals
- Kiwi Couple Sues Lawyers for Denial of Holiday Perk in Luxury Resort
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Google Chrome 64-bit for Windows 8 and Window 7 with Mac Beta Available
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports