How to Root Galaxy Note 10.1 LTE N8020 on Android 4.1.2 XXBMA4 Jelly Bean [Tutorial]
By Sarmistha Acharya | January 28, 2013 11:04 PM EST
An official firmware, Android 4.1.2 XXBMA4 Jelly Bean, has been recently rolled out to the LTE version of Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 with model number N8020. The XXBMA4 Jelly Bean is originally for the Plus subscribers in Poland. However, it is compatible with a number of European countries. The Jelly Bean update is available as OTA and in Kies.
The Galaxy Note 10.1 LTE users, who have already upgraded their devices with the latest official release, may follow the guide below to root their devices. IBTimes UK reminds its readers that it will not be held liable for any damage to the device. Users are advised to verify the model number of their Notes since the root file works only with Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 LTE N8020, not with any other variants.
1) Download and install USB Driver for Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 to the computer.
2) Enable USB Debugging Mode. [Press Menu>> Settings>> Applications. From there navigate and tap on Development option and ensure the USB Debugging is turned on.]
3) Back-up all the important data of the device.
4) The Galaxy Note 10.1 should have at least 40 per cent of charge.
5) Rooting the Note will void manufacturer warranty.
6) The tutorial below only roots the device. In order to install custom ROMs, users should flash any custom recovery such as CWM recovery.
Steps to root Galaxy Note 10.1 LTE N8020 on Android 4.1.2 XXBMA4 Jelly Bean
1) Download CF-Auto-Root for Galaxy Note 10.1 LTE to the computer. Extract the zip to get a file with .tar extension under the extracted folder
2) Download Odin 3.07. Extract the zip to get Odin3 v3.07.exe along with few other files
3) Turn off the tablet and enter into Download Mode. To do so, press and hold the Volume Down, Home and Power buttons together. A warning message will arrive on the screen, now press Volume Down button to continue to enter Download Mode
4) Run Odin on the computer
5) Connect the Galaxy Note to the computer using USB cable while it is the Download Mode. A message saying Added will appear under Odin's message box. Furthermore the COM port with a number in Yellow will also appear if the Note is successfully connected to the computer
Note: In case the Added message does not arrive, then try another USB port. If that also fails to work then reinstall USB Driver.
6) In Odin click the PDA button and select CF-Auto-Root-p4notelte-gtn8020.tar.md5 file
7) Verify that Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time Checkboxes are selected in Odin window
8) After double checking everything, click the Start button in Odin to begin installation
9) Once the installation process is completed, a message saying Pass will appear with green background in the extreme left box at the top of Odin. The device will then automatically reboot and soon the Samsung logo will appear. Now unplug the USB cable from the Note
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 LTE N8020 running on Android 4.1.2 XXBMA4 Jelly Bean official firmware is now successfully rooted. You may now install any app that requires root permission.
[Source: Android Jinn]
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Real Life ‘Frozen’: Snow Overwhelms The US, Kills 7; More To Come (Pictures)
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt in Sydney for ‘Unbroken’ Red Carpet Premiere [PHOTOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
- G20 Summit Awkward Moments: Putin Yawns, Mystery Bubbles Appear, F18 Drama Ensues
Join the Conversation
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports