Police Seizes 8 kg of Explosives From Kolkata-Bound Train
By Sree Vazhakode | January 28, 2013 9:35 PM EST
The West Bengal police on Monday recovered 8 kg of explosives from a train in Kolkata. Media reports said that the explosives were found at Sealdah station in the capital.
Police have arrested one person in connection to the incident. The unidentified man was carrying the explosives to Kolkata from Murshidabad by Lalgola Passenger train.
The explosives, suspected to be RDX, were supposed to be delivered to some person in Baghajatin in south Kolkata, according to a NDTV report.
More details awaited.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Sydney Siege Victim Katrina Dawson Killed by Man Haron Monis, Preliminary Report Suggests
- Sydney Siege Aftermath: Australia's Gun Laws May Be Under Review
- Australian Muslim Says Sorry for Sydney Siege
- Sweden Launches Website To Crack Down On Child Sex Tourists
- Rupert Murdoch Blasted For 'Insensitive' Tweet Over Bloody Outcome of Sydney Siege