EU Morning Report - Durable goods orders to move the market
By NikolasX | January 28, 2013 8:56 PM EST
The euro (EUR) has maintained its advance against the US dollar (USD) staying above1.34 as markets expect a move away from the debt crisis in Europe despite the continuing uncertainty over Cyprus. Looking ahead, Durable goods orders and Home Sales from the US are set to shake the stage amid talks of a fragile recovery. If that happens WTI (OIL) should move higher as industrial production picks up.
The UK100 (FTS), which tracks the top 100 UK corporations, has been moving higher amid positive economic data touching a four and a half year high at 6250. The UK economy had moved into positive territory in the 3rd quarter of 2012.
WTI Crude (OIL), currently at 96.06, looks to break above its pennant formation as world economic growth pushes demand for energy higher.
The US dollar (USD) broke higher versus the Canadian dollar (CAD) moving above 1.0095 in early trading as the Canadian dollar moves to a 5-month low.
|.||EURUSD||1.3395||LONG @ 1.3395||29% of deals buy EUR|
|.||USDJPY||90.55||LONG @ 90.55||49% of deals buy USD|
|.||GBPUSD||1.5790||SHORT @ 1.5790||64% of deals buy GBP|
|.||AUDUSD||1.0435||SHORT @ 1.0435||38% of deals buy AUD|
|.||GOLD||1672.00||SHORT @ 1672.00||79% of deals buy GOLD|
|.||OIL||94.95||LONG @ 94.95||37% of deals buy OIL|
|.||EUR||09:00||M3 Money Supply||3.9%|
|.||USD||13:30||Core Durable Goods Orders||0.8%|
|.||USD||15:00||Pending Home Sales||0.5%|
The euro (EUR) has been gaining significant ground versus the Swiss franc (CHF) following Swiss ministers’ stance that Switzerland should aim at a weaker franc. The franc has continued its decline since the beginning of January, currently moving at 1.248 against the single currency.
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- Ukraine Under Pressure To Accept EU Brokered Gas Deal With Russia: Resists High Prices Demanded By Russia