EU Morning Report - Durable goods orders to move the market
By NikolasX | January 28, 2013 8:56 PM EST
The euro (EUR) has maintained its advance against the US dollar (USD) staying above1.34 as markets expect a move away from the debt crisis in Europe despite the continuing uncertainty over Cyprus. Looking ahead, Durable goods orders and Home Sales from the US are set to shake the stage amid talks of a fragile recovery. If that happens WTI (OIL) should move higher as industrial production picks up.
The UK100 (FTS), which tracks the top 100 UK corporations, has been moving higher amid positive economic data touching a four and a half year high at 6250. The UK economy had moved into positive territory in the 3rd quarter of 2012.
WTI Crude (OIL), currently at 96.06, looks to break above its pennant formation as world economic growth pushes demand for energy higher.
The US dollar (USD) broke higher versus the Canadian dollar (CAD) moving above 1.0095 in early trading as the Canadian dollar moves to a 5-month low.
|.||EURUSD||1.3395||LONG @ 1.3395||29% of deals buy EUR|
|.||USDJPY||90.55||LONG @ 90.55||49% of deals buy USD|
|.||GBPUSD||1.5790||SHORT @ 1.5790||64% of deals buy GBP|
|.||AUDUSD||1.0435||SHORT @ 1.0435||38% of deals buy AUD|
|.||GOLD||1672.00||SHORT @ 1672.00||79% of deals buy GOLD|
|.||OIL||94.95||LONG @ 94.95||37% of deals buy OIL|
|.||EUR||09:00||M3 Money Supply||3.9%|
|.||USD||13:30||Core Durable Goods Orders||0.8%|
|.||USD||15:00||Pending Home Sales||0.5%|
The euro (EUR) has been gaining significant ground versus the Swiss franc (CHF) following Swiss ministers’ stance that Switzerland should aim at a weaker franc. The franc has continued its decline since the beginning of January, currently moving at 1.248 against the single currency.
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage