EU Morning Report - Durable goods orders to move the market
By NikolasX | January 28, 2013 8:56 PM EST
The euro (EUR) has maintained its advance against the US dollar (USD) staying above1.34 as markets expect a move away from the debt crisis in Europe despite the continuing uncertainty over Cyprus. Looking ahead, Durable goods orders and Home Sales from the US are set to shake the stage amid talks of a fragile recovery. If that happens WTI (OIL) should move higher as industrial production picks up.
The UK100 (FTS), which tracks the top 100 UK corporations, has been moving higher amid positive economic data touching a four and a half year high at 6250. The UK economy had moved into positive territory in the 3rd quarter of 2012.
WTI Crude (OIL), currently at 96.06, looks to break above its pennant formation as world economic growth pushes demand for energy higher.
The US dollar (USD) broke higher versus the Canadian dollar (CAD) moving above 1.0095 in early trading as the Canadian dollar moves to a 5-month low.
|.||EURUSD||1.3395||LONG @ 1.3395||29% of deals buy EUR|
|.||USDJPY||90.55||LONG @ 90.55||49% of deals buy USD|
|.||GBPUSD||1.5790||SHORT @ 1.5790||64% of deals buy GBP|
|.||AUDUSD||1.0435||SHORT @ 1.0435||38% of deals buy AUD|
|.||GOLD||1672.00||SHORT @ 1672.00||79% of deals buy GOLD|
|.||OIL||94.95||LONG @ 94.95||37% of deals buy OIL|
|.||EUR||09:00||M3 Money Supply||3.9%|
|.||USD||13:30||Core Durable Goods Orders||0.8%|
|.||USD||15:00||Pending Home Sales||0.5%|
The euro (EUR) has been gaining significant ground versus the Swiss franc (CHF) following Swiss ministers’ stance that Switzerland should aim at a weaker franc. The franc has continued its decline since the beginning of January, currently moving at 1.248 against the single currency.
Join the Conversation
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Battery Life Test Shows Its Curved Display And Build Has Impacted Its Battery Performance