EU Morning Report - Durable goods orders to move the market
By NikolasX | January 28, 2013 8:56 PM EST
The euro (EUR) has maintained its advance against the US dollar (USD) staying above1.34 as markets expect a move away from the debt crisis in Europe despite the continuing uncertainty over Cyprus. Looking ahead, Durable goods orders and Home Sales from the US are set to shake the stage amid talks of a fragile recovery. If that happens WTI (OIL) should move higher as industrial production picks up.
The UK100 (FTS), which tracks the top 100 UK corporations, has been moving higher amid positive economic data touching a four and a half year high at 6250. The UK economy had moved into positive territory in the 3rd quarter of 2012.
WTI Crude (OIL), currently at 96.06, looks to break above its pennant formation as world economic growth pushes demand for energy higher.
The US dollar (USD) broke higher versus the Canadian dollar (CAD) moving above 1.0095 in early trading as the Canadian dollar moves to a 5-month low.
|.||EURUSD||1.3395||LONG @ 1.3395||29% of deals buy EUR|
|.||USDJPY||90.55||LONG @ 90.55||49% of deals buy USD|
|.||GBPUSD||1.5790||SHORT @ 1.5790||64% of deals buy GBP|
|.||AUDUSD||1.0435||SHORT @ 1.0435||38% of deals buy AUD|
|.||GOLD||1672.00||SHORT @ 1672.00||79% of deals buy GOLD|
|.||OIL||94.95||LONG @ 94.95||37% of deals buy OIL|
|.||EUR||09:00||M3 Money Supply||3.9%|
|.||USD||13:30||Core Durable Goods Orders||0.8%|
|.||USD||15:00||Pending Home Sales||0.5%|
The euro (EUR) has been gaining significant ground versus the Swiss franc (CHF) following Swiss ministers’ stance that Switzerland should aim at a weaker franc. The franc has continued its decline since the beginning of January, currently moving at 1.248 against the single currency.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
Join the Conversation
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- Malaysia Airlines to Axe 4,000 Employees, Including CEO; Suspends Trading of Shares
- West Looks Divided in Tackling Russian Invasion In Ukraine
- North Korea Banker Who Manages Money of Kim Jong-un Defects to Russia With $5 Million