Apple iPhone 5S with 13MP Camera, 128GB to Launch in July: Report
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | January 28, 2013 7:06 PM EST
According to Ming-Chi Kuo, analyst at KGI Securities, Apple's upcoming iPhone 5S is likely to sport new features like a snappier processor, fingerprint sensor and a massive 13-megapixel camera.
The Times of India reported that the reports of the fingerprint sensor feature may ring true, considering that Apple's acquisition of Authentec, a firm which deals with fingerprinting technology, in a $356 million deal in July 2012.
Technology website iPhonetouch.Blorge said that iPhone 5s will have in-built storage of 128GB.
Earlier reports suggested that Apple was prepping a low-cost iPhone model for release this year. The cheaper iPhone will resemble the standard model, but may substitute the regular aluminium case with a polycarbonate plastic chassis, according to Wall Street Journal.
Keeping in line with its long-time policy of utmost secrecy, Apple is yet to confirm the details regarding the specs and launch of the next-generation iPhone. It is speculated that the smartphone will be release soon considering Apple's declining current market. Its negative growth trajectory cost the company its smartphone dominance to South Korean rival Samsung in terms of market share, according to the latest report released by research firm IDC.
In what seemed to be a move to regain its supremacy in the global smartphone race, Apple had rolled out a slew of products last year. Even before the hype surrounding its iPad mini and fourth-generation iPad seemed to have died out, rumours are rife that the company will also roll out a fifth-generation iPad and second-generation iPad mini.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tesco Facing Crisis After Chairman Quits Citing Accounting Scandal In The Retail Giant
- #Snapgate: iPad Air 2 Breaks While Undergoing Bend Test
- Australian Federal Court Fines Reebok $350,000 & Orders Refunds For Shoe Endorsed By Miranda Kerr That Claims Unproven Health Benefits
- Perth Call Centre Staff Bad In English And Not Philippine And Indian Counterparts, Telstra Boss Says
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS