Apple iPhone 5S with 13MP Camera, 128GB to Launch in July: Report
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | January 28, 2013 7:06 PM EST
According to Ming-Chi Kuo, analyst at KGI Securities, Apple's upcoming iPhone 5S is likely to sport new features like a snappier processor, fingerprint sensor and a massive 13-megapixel camera.
The Times of India reported that the reports of the fingerprint sensor feature may ring true, considering that Apple's acquisition of Authentec, a firm which deals with fingerprinting technology, in a $356 million deal in July 2012.
Technology website iPhonetouch.Blorge said that iPhone 5s will have in-built storage of 128GB.
Earlier reports suggested that Apple was prepping a low-cost iPhone model for release this year. The cheaper iPhone will resemble the standard model, but may substitute the regular aluminium case with a polycarbonate plastic chassis, according to Wall Street Journal.
Keeping in line with its long-time policy of utmost secrecy, Apple is yet to confirm the details regarding the specs and launch of the next-generation iPhone. It is speculated that the smartphone will be release soon considering Apple's declining current market. Its negative growth trajectory cost the company its smartphone dominance to South Korean rival Samsung in terms of market share, according to the latest report released by research firm IDC.
In what seemed to be a move to regain its supremacy in the global smartphone race, Apple had rolled out a slew of products last year. Even before the hype surrounding its iPad mini and fourth-generation iPad seemed to have died out, rumours are rife that the company will also roll out a fifth-generation iPad and second-generation iPad mini.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- California Fruits Recalled in USA and Canada for Possible Listeria Contamination
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier Losing $1.6 Million/Day; Crisis Management Experts Suggest Hiring Risk Expert as CEO
- The IBM and Apple Merger: Will it Spell Trouble to Rival Companies
- CBA, NAB, Westpac in Fixed Rate War Offering Below 5% Interest
- Radio Australia Cuts to Affect Isolated Vanuatu Residents Who Rely on It for Weather Bulletins
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales