Apple iPhone 5S with 13MP Camera, 128GB to Launch in July: Report
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | January 28, 2013 7:06 PM EST
According to Ming-Chi Kuo, analyst at KGI Securities, Apple's upcoming iPhone 5S is likely to sport new features like a snappier processor, fingerprint sensor and a massive 13-megapixel camera.
The Times of India reported that the reports of the fingerprint sensor feature may ring true, considering that Apple's acquisition of Authentec, a firm which deals with fingerprinting technology, in a $356 million deal in July 2012.
Technology website iPhonetouch.Blorge said that iPhone 5s will have in-built storage of 128GB.
Earlier reports suggested that Apple was prepping a low-cost iPhone model for release this year. The cheaper iPhone will resemble the standard model, but may substitute the regular aluminium case with a polycarbonate plastic chassis, according to Wall Street Journal.
Keeping in line with its long-time policy of utmost secrecy, Apple is yet to confirm the details regarding the specs and launch of the next-generation iPhone. It is speculated that the smartphone will be release soon considering Apple's declining current market. Its negative growth trajectory cost the company its smartphone dominance to South Korean rival Samsung in terms of market share, according to the latest report released by research firm IDC.
In what seemed to be a move to regain its supremacy in the global smartphone race, Apple had rolled out a slew of products last year. Even before the hype surrounding its iPad mini and fourth-generation iPad seemed to have died out, rumours are rife that the company will also roll out a fifth-generation iPad and second-generation iPad mini.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Unofficial ‘Samsung Galaxy Alpha’ Can Now Be Purchased For $700 In The US
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Sony Xperia E3 vs. Moto G (2014) – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown