Sensex Rises 0.16%; Rate Sensitive Stocks Gain
By Naagesh N. | January 28, 2013 5:26 PM EST
The BSE Sensex is up 0.16 percent and the Nifty is up 0.14 percent. Bank stocks gain ahead of Reserve Bank of India's policy review on Tuesday, anticipating at least a 25 basis point cut in benchmark rates.
Maruti Suzuki India Ltd (MRTI.NS) gains 1.59 percent after it said on Friday its third quarter profit more than doubled. UBS upgraded the stock to 'buy' from neutral', citing the benefits from a weakening Japanese yen.
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2