India's Republic Day Celebrated at Permanent Mission
January 28, 2013 4:34 PM EST
Ambassador Hardeep Singh Puri, Permanent Representative of India to UN unfurled the national tricolor at the Permanent Mission premises and read out salient excerpts from the President of India's address to the nation.
More than 150 guests, including prominent members of the Indian American community, senior Indian officials of the United Nations, Indian Army and Police officers on deputation to the UN, in addition to officials from Permanent Mission of India and the Consulate General of India, New York and their families, attended the ceremony. Ambassador Vijay Nambiar, the special adviser on Myanmar to the U.N. Secretary-General also graced the occasion.
Following the unfurling of the national flag, there was a rendition of the national anthem by all members of the Indian community and officials.
Earlier, on Friday, a national day reception was also hosted at the PMI premises, which witnessed an impressive turn out of more than 300 plus members of diplomatic corps based at the United Nations, along with key legislators from New York, eminent members of the legal fraternity, in addition to several Permanent Representatives of member states accredited to the UN. (GIN - AmericanBazaarOnline.com)
Most Popular Slideshows
- Celebrities Who Were Victims of Rape: Psychological and Physical Effects of Rape
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Women’s Tennis’ Grand Slam Winners Of 2014 - Li Na, Sharapova, Kvitova, And Williams
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Sickness: Prince Harry Cancels His 30th Birthday Party And Chose For Simple Gathering
- Afghan Pizza Man Shot Dead in Canada
- Canadian Feminists Angry At Japanese Naked Sushi Dining Experience As Sexist, Discriminatory
- At What Age Do Boys And Girls Look Best To Each Other?
- Canada Fire May Destroy Valuable Artwork
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Android Lion vs Apple iOS 8: Why Make the Big Switch
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. OnePlus One – Can The Underdog Trump The Monster?
- US Government Threatened Yahoo to Provide User Data: If not Pay a Fine of $250,000 per day
- Optus Successfully Launches Optus 10 Satellite That Will Improve TV, Internet, Phone & Data Transmission In Australia
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Moto X Pure Edition is Coming Soon with Wi-Fi Calling – Reports
- 7 Reasons Why Atlassian Topped BRW’s Best Place To Work In Australia 2014 List