Two Rescued After Small Plane Cashes Into Hudson River
By Eric Brown | January 28, 2013 3:51 PM EST
Two people were rescued after a single-engine plane crashed into New York's Hudson River on Sunday night.
The plane, a small Piper PA-32, was carrying only two people when it crashed in the Hudson River off Yonkers, N.Y., around 5:20 p.m. EST, according to the Associated Press.
The crash was roughly four miles north of the George Washington Bridge, which connects New York City to New Jersey.
The plane suffered an unknown mechanical failure while in the air, and the pilot was forced to make an emergency crash landing, the Daily Mail reported.
The flight departed from the Trenton-Robbinsville (N.J.) Airport.
Both passengers spent about 20 minutes in the freezing waters of the Hudson River before emergency workers could rescue them.
The two passengers, a man and a woman, were treated for hypothermia at the site and then brought to nearby Jacobi Medical Center. Both have been reported as in stable condition by NBC 4 New York.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- The Burka Avenger Educates Children While Fighting For Girls' Education Rights In New Pakistan TV Show
- Christopher Walken To Play Mob Boss In Film Adaptation Of Four Seasons Musical 'Jersey Boys'
- William Cantrell Mistakes Human Ashes For Cocaine, May Have Snorted Remains
- Giant Alligator Eats 80-Pound Dog In North Carolina, Gator May Still Be Alive
- Steve McQueen's Last Ride, 1952 Custom Chevy Pickup Truck, Hits The Auction Block
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu