Two Rescued After Small Plane Cashes Into Hudson River
By Eric Brown | January 28, 2013 3:51 PM EST
Two people were rescued after a single-engine plane crashed into New York's Hudson River on Sunday night.
The plane, a small Piper PA-32, was carrying only two people when it crashed in the Hudson River off Yonkers, N.Y., around 5:20 p.m. EST, according to the Associated Press.
The crash was roughly four miles north of the George Washington Bridge, which connects New York City to New Jersey.
The plane suffered an unknown mechanical failure while in the air, and the pilot was forced to make an emergency crash landing, the Daily Mail reported.
The flight departed from the Trenton-Robbinsville (N.J.) Airport.
Both passengers spent about 20 minutes in the freezing waters of the Hudson River before emergency workers could rescue them.
The two passengers, a man and a woman, were treated for hypothermia at the site and then brought to nearby Jacobi Medical Center. Both have been reported as in stable condition by NBC 4 New York.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- National Ice Cream Day: Most-Ordered Flavors and Toppings by Americans [See Photos]
Join the Conversation
- The Burka Avenger Educates Children While Fighting For Girls' Education Rights In New Pakistan TV Show
- Christopher Walken To Play Mob Boss In Film Adaptation Of Four Seasons Musical 'Jersey Boys'
- William Cantrell Mistakes Human Ashes For Cocaine, May Have Snorted Remains
- Giant Alligator Eats 80-Pound Dog In North Carolina, Gator May Still Be Alive
- Steve McQueen's Last Ride, 1952 Custom Chevy Pickup Truck, Hits The Auction Block
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People