Two Rescued After Small Plane Cashes Into Hudson River
By Eric Brown | January 28, 2013 3:51 PM EST
Two people were rescued after a single-engine plane crashed into New York's Hudson River on Sunday night.
The plane, a small Piper PA-32, was carrying only two people when it crashed in the Hudson River off Yonkers, N.Y., around 5:20 p.m. EST, according to the Associated Press.
The crash was roughly four miles north of the George Washington Bridge, which connects New York City to New Jersey.
The plane suffered an unknown mechanical failure while in the air, and the pilot was forced to make an emergency crash landing, the Daily Mail reported.
The flight departed from the Trenton-Robbinsville (N.J.) Airport.
Both passengers spent about 20 minutes in the freezing waters of the Hudson River before emergency workers could rescue them.
The two passengers, a man and a woman, were treated for hypothermia at the site and then brought to nearby Jacobi Medical Center. Both have been reported as in stable condition by NBC 4 New York.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- The Burka Avenger Educates Children While Fighting For Girls' Education Rights In New Pakistan TV Show
- Christopher Walken To Play Mob Boss In Film Adaptation Of Four Seasons Musical 'Jersey Boys'
- William Cantrell Mistakes Human Ashes For Cocaine, May Have Snorted Remains
- Giant Alligator Eats 80-Pound Dog In North Carolina, Gator May Still Be Alive
- Steve McQueen's Last Ride, 1952 Custom Chevy Pickup Truck, Hits The Auction Block
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best