Google Nexus 4 Hits Australia Retail Store Feb. 1 -- Price?
By Arlene Paredes | January 28, 2013 1:52 PM EST
Google Nexus 4, one of the most sought-after mobile devices late in 2012, will be available in Australia in February. Aussies could only hope that its availability won't be as erratic as in Google Play Store.
Nexus 4 will be available in Australia through exclusive distributor Harvey Norman. The store's statement on its web site indicates a February 1 availability.
LG France Communications Director Cathy Robin has earlier explained the reason behind Nexus 4's frequent out of stock status. She told Challenges.fr the demand forecast for the Nexus 4 was not as accurate as Google had hoped. The forecast, which was based on previous Nexus sales, apparently threw off the supply chain.
"For example, the initial forecasts of Google were 10 times higher in the United Kingdom and Germany. We deliver so much more in these countries than France. There was a balance that has been poorly anticipated. But be careful, I do not throw stones at anyone. Google and LG, it's going very well," reads Robin's translated statement.
"Harvey Norman has partnered with LG Australia to bring you Google's newest flagship smartphone -The LG Google Nexus 4 16GB smartphone! Harvey Norman is LG Australia's only Authorised Australian Retailer supplying 100% Australian stock," reads the Harvey Norman release.
Google Nexus 4 Australian Price
Harvey Norman will sell the Google Nexus 4 for AU$496. The retail store offers two options for consumers: delivery or store pickup. Some U.S. buyers have waited for weeks to get their Nexus 4. Some are still waiting. But the Aussie store says it "usually ships within 2 days."
The Nexus 4 stock availability in Australia reconciles with Robin's previous statement, indicating an increase in production rate for the elusive device. The LG exec also quashed rumours that Nexus 4 production will be stopped in favour of an upgrade.
"The Nexus 4 will not stop. On the contrary, the [production] rate will increase. From mid-February, there will be more pressure on the market," reads the translated report.
VIDEO: Google Nexus 4 Review
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs. OnePlus One—Specifications, Features, Release Date and Price Showdown
- Transfer News: Ron Vlaar to Consider Villa Exit, May Move to Tottenham
- AS Roma's Seydou Keita Throws Water Bottle at Real Madrid defender Pepe for Spitting [VIDEO]
- The Mentalist Season 7 Spoilers: CBS Skips Simon Baker's Patrick Jane in Fall Schedule, Josie Loren Joins Cast
- Game of Thrones Season 5 Update: Maisie Williams Talks Arya Stark, Lady Stoneheart, and Surprises
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona, Man Utd to Compete for Juan Cuadrado's Signature as Fiorentina Reveal Willingness to Sell