Google Nexus 4 Hits Australia Retail Store Feb. 1 -- Price?
By Arlene Paredes | January 28, 2013 1:52 PM EST
Google Nexus 4, one of the most sought-after mobile devices late in 2012, will be available in Australia in February. Aussies could only hope that its availability won't be as erratic as in Google Play Store.
Nexus 4 will be available in Australia through exclusive distributor Harvey Norman. The store's statement on its web site indicates a February 1 availability.
LG France Communications Director Cathy Robin has earlier explained the reason behind Nexus 4's frequent out of stock status. She told Challenges.fr the demand forecast for the Nexus 4 was not as accurate as Google had hoped. The forecast, which was based on previous Nexus sales, apparently threw off the supply chain.
"For example, the initial forecasts of Google were 10 times higher in the United Kingdom and Germany. We deliver so much more in these countries than France. There was a balance that has been poorly anticipated. But be careful, I do not throw stones at anyone. Google and LG, it's going very well," reads Robin's translated statement.
"Harvey Norman has partnered with LG Australia to bring you Google's newest flagship smartphone -The LG Google Nexus 4 16GB smartphone! Harvey Norman is LG Australia's only Authorised Australian Retailer supplying 100% Australian stock," reads the Harvey Norman release.
Google Nexus 4 Australian Price
Harvey Norman will sell the Google Nexus 4 for AU$496. The retail store offers two options for consumers: delivery or store pickup. Some U.S. buyers have waited for weeks to get their Nexus 4. Some are still waiting. But the Aussie store says it "usually ships within 2 days."
The Nexus 4 stock availability in Australia reconciles with Robin's previous statement, indicating an increase in production rate for the elusive device. The LG exec also quashed rumours that Nexus 4 production will be stopped in favour of an upgrade.
"The Nexus 4 will not stop. On the contrary, the [production] rate will increase. From mid-February, there will be more pressure on the market," reads the translated report.
VIDEO: Google Nexus 4 Review
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates