Watch NFL Pro Bowl Live Online Stream, Preview, Betting Odds
January 28, 2013 7:45 AM EST
Neither Peyton Manning nor Adrian Peterson thought they’d be able to appear in this year’s Pro Bowl, but both future Hall of Famers will have to make due in sunny Hawaii.
The game kicks off at 7 p.m. EDT and will be broadcast by NBC. You can watch their live online stream at NBC All Access here.
Named to his 12th Pro Bowl, Manning hopes to change the reputation of the NFL’s all-star game, and reportedly asked to many players them to go full speed. Peterson has been relatively quiet since his Minnesota Vikings were eliminated from the playoffs, but could remind MVP voters of his dominance with a strong showing Sunday.
Last year’s game was heavily criticized for lackluster play, and NFL commissioner Roger Goodell has said he will consider canceling the event altogether if players don’t pick up the competition.
Houston Texans running back Arian Foster chimed in this week and said it was difficult for players to give 100 percent with the lack of a game plan and blitzes.
Foster is one of nine Texans to make the roster, the most of any team. The Seattle Seahawks and the Kansas City Chiefs have six Pro Bowlers each.
Several big names won’t be in attendance due to injury, many of them quarterbacks. Aaron Rodgers, Robert Griffin III, Matt Ryan, and Tom Brady have all pulled out. However, the NFC will have Drew Brees, Eli Manning, and Russell Wilson as replacements.
The series remains tied 21-21, with the AFC evening things up in a 59-41 victory last year.
Betting Odds: The AFC is favored by 1 point.
Over/Under: 80 points
Prediction: Manning’s pleas for a more competitive game may go unheard, but play should improve over last year’s horrendous display. Look for Peterson to have a big game and to be named MVP in an NFC win.
Predicted Score: NFC 35, AFC 24
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales