UK Women Inject Fat to Look Like Kim Kardashian
By Fiona Keating | January 28, 2013 4:45 AM EST
Figures from the British Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (BAAPS) reveal that the number of women having fat transfer procedures rose by 13 percent to 2,641 in 2012, overtaking the number of liposuction operations (2,638) for the first time.
Cosmetic surgeons say women are wanting to boost their curves and rejuvenate saggy areas by having their own fat removed from one area and transferred into another - most commonly from flabby areas like the thighs to their bottoms, breasts and face.
"Fat transfer has been around for 70 years, but the techniques have got much better," Michael Cadier, BAAPS President-Elect told the Daily Mail.
"It can be used around the whole body. We do occasionally get patients who have their bottoms enlarged in this way.
"In my experience, they want to enhance their contours rather than get a massive bottom to mimic the US trend, but we do get people enquiring about that."
The association's surgeons also say scandals over defective PIP breast implants and controversy over fillers such as Botox are prompting women to seek options that use the body's own fat supplies.
Thousands of women have had the faulty PIP implants removed after it was found they could leak industrial-grade silicon into the body.
BAAPS' figures show a fall in the number of women seeking breast-enlargement surgery in the past year.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Cavaliers, LeBron James Flop In First Game Back In Cleveland; New York Knicks, Melo Pull Off Road Upset, 95-90 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Video Showing Mentally Disabled African American Shot 46 Times By Eight Police Officers For Just Holding A Penknife
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Update: Duchess Forced To Return To Royal Engagements, Feuding With The Queen Over Royal Duties---Report
- Google Loses Lawsuit Against Canadian Woman Over Breast Exposure
- Robbery Attempt in Sydney Bank, Armed Robbers on The Loose
- Father Spots A Bald Patch On The Lawn Outside His Girls' Bedroom And Gets Shocked At The Reason
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists