Kate Middleton Asks Mum to be Royal Nanny
By Fiona Keating | January 28, 2013 3:14 AM EST
Catherine Middleton, the Duchess of Cambridge, is hoping her mother Carole Middleton will move in to Kensington Palace, to help with baby duties.
The 31-year-old royal is seeking to break with tradition, by bringing her 57-year-old mother to the palace when the new prince or princess arrives in July.
A professional childminder is usually brought in by the monarchy.
"Kate and William are both pretty terrified about the rest of the pregnancy after the hyperemesis [severe morning sickness]," Hay revealed.
"Carole may even move in with them when the baby's born so they don't have to rely on a nanny.
"But all in all Catherine's very happy. With so much family around her and William they're starting to enjoy the pregnancy after such a traumatic start."
Hay also told how the royals have been offering advice to the Duchess of Cambridge to help her recover from the morning sickness that put her in hospital.
The Queen is said to have sent chutney from her estate and told her grand-daughter-in-law to eat some if she starts feeling ill again.
"After the hyperemesis Kate was throwing up every 10 seconds. She still looks at food and feels nauseous," Hay said.
"Catherine has that feeling you have when you've had food poisoning and your stomach's shrunk - she finds it hard to eat a full meal and gets very full quickly."
To help combat her morning sickness, Kate is now believed to be on a special diet.
She is eating avocado, berries, broccoli and oatmeal, plus smoothies made from vegetables to up her vitamin intake.
Kate has also turned to a natural food remedy to quell her morning sickness - figs. The black Bursa figs from western Turkey, are rich in iron and vitamin B6. The fruit contains an enzyme that aids digestion.
In readiness for the birth of her first child, the Duchess has taken up yoga and hypnotherapy.
She has hired her own private yoga teacher and has been going to classes at the upmarket Hurlingham Club, west London, which has a 10-year membership waiting list.
Hay claims: "The yoga calms and centres her and helps deal with any stress she's feeling.
"She's been seeing the Queen's personal doctors and they've told her no strenuous exercise but they have said gentle, regular yoga is a good thing if it relaxes her. And Kate has been seeing a well-known hypnotherapist to help with her appetite.
"The hypnotherapy is taking away negative thoughts connected with food from the morning sickness and replacing them with cravings for healthy food."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Immediate Deaths After Ice Bucket Challenge Are Hoaxes Gone Viral: Neck Injury And Hypothermia Killed Two People Performing The Stunt
- Risky Selfies That Were Taken A Few Seconds Before Tragedy Struck
- ISIS Update: Executioner of James Foley with British Accent Identified as ‘John’
- Viral Video Missouri Mall: Back-To-School Promo Of East Hills Mall In Missouri Goes Viral As Terrible Mall Ad [WATCH VIDEO]
- ISIS Beheading US Journalist James Foley Sparks Outrage, Netizens Demand 'All-Out War'
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6