JuD Chief Offers Shahrukh Khan Protection in Pakistan
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | January 27, 2013 10:43 PM EST
Adding that Shahrukh will be respected in Pakistan Saeed said, "If Shah rukh Khan does not feel safe in India, he can come to Pakistan. I will welcome him. I will help him with his stay here," The Express Tribune reported. ".... If he feels insecure our doors are open."
The JuD chief's comment came soon after Shahrukh talked about his life as a Muslim in India during an interview with Outlook Turning Points magazine.
"I sometimes become the inadvertent object of political leaders who choose to make me a symbol of all that they think is wrong and unpatriotic about Muslims in India." Shahrukh told the magazine.
"There have been occasions when I have been accused of bearing allegiance to our neighbouring nation rather than my own country - this even though I am an Indian, whose father fought for the freedom of India. Rallies have been held where leaders have exhorted me to leave and return what they refer to my original homeland," he added.
During the interview, he also alleged that Indian forces carried out unprovoked firing near the Line of Control (LoC) violating the ceasefire treaty between the two sides. He also urged the United States to carry out drone attacks in India on the grounds of home minister Sushil Kumar Shinde claims that RSS and BJP were promoting Hindu terrorism in training camps.
With reference to the nuclear attack warning issued by Indian authorities in Kashmir, Saeed said that in case of such an attack, India should administer safety measures in National Capital and Mumbai rather in Kashmir.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- This Is Why Japanese Princess Masako Attended First Palace Banquet After 11 Years
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery