JuD Chief Offers Shahrukh Khan Protection in Pakistan
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | January 27, 2013 10:43 PM EST
Adding that Shahrukh will be respected in Pakistan Saeed said, "If Shah rukh Khan does not feel safe in India, he can come to Pakistan. I will welcome him. I will help him with his stay here," The Express Tribune reported. ".... If he feels insecure our doors are open."
The JuD chief's comment came soon after Shahrukh talked about his life as a Muslim in India during an interview with Outlook Turning Points magazine.
"I sometimes become the inadvertent object of political leaders who choose to make me a symbol of all that they think is wrong and unpatriotic about Muslims in India." Shahrukh told the magazine.
"There have been occasions when I have been accused of bearing allegiance to our neighbouring nation rather than my own country - this even though I am an Indian, whose father fought for the freedom of India. Rallies have been held where leaders have exhorted me to leave and return what they refer to my original homeland," he added.
During the interview, he also alleged that Indian forces carried out unprovoked firing near the Line of Control (LoC) violating the ceasefire treaty between the two sides. He also urged the United States to carry out drone attacks in India on the grounds of home minister Sushil Kumar Shinde claims that RSS and BJP were promoting Hindu terrorism in training camps.
With reference to the nuclear attack warning issued by Indian authorities in Kashmir, Saeed said that in case of such an attack, India should administer safety measures in National Capital and Mumbai rather in Kashmir.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan