JuD Chief Offers Shahrukh Khan Protection in Pakistan
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | January 27, 2013 10:43 PM EST
Adding that Shahrukh will be respected in Pakistan Saeed said, "If Shah rukh Khan does not feel safe in India, he can come to Pakistan. I will welcome him. I will help him with his stay here," The Express Tribune reported. ".... If he feels insecure our doors are open."
The JuD chief's comment came soon after Shahrukh talked about his life as a Muslim in India during an interview with Outlook Turning Points magazine.
"I sometimes become the inadvertent object of political leaders who choose to make me a symbol of all that they think is wrong and unpatriotic about Muslims in India." Shahrukh told the magazine.
"There have been occasions when I have been accused of bearing allegiance to our neighbouring nation rather than my own country - this even though I am an Indian, whose father fought for the freedom of India. Rallies have been held where leaders have exhorted me to leave and return what they refer to my original homeland," he added.
During the interview, he also alleged that Indian forces carried out unprovoked firing near the Line of Control (LoC) violating the ceasefire treaty between the two sides. He also urged the United States to carry out drone attacks in India on the grounds of home minister Sushil Kumar Shinde claims that RSS and BJP were promoting Hindu terrorism in training camps.
With reference to the nuclear attack warning issued by Indian authorities in Kashmir, Saeed said that in case of such an attack, India should administer safety measures in National Capital and Mumbai rather in Kashmir.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- Joan Rivers Left $150 Million Legacy To Her Only Child, Care For Her Four Pooches Included In Her Will
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- Kendall Jenner Distances Self From The Kardashians, Prefers Kim Kardashian West To Be Absent In Her Modelling Shows
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date