How to Install Android 4.1.2 XXBMA6 Jelly Bean Firmware on Galaxy S3 LTE I9305 [Tutorial]
By Sarmistha Acharya | January 27, 2013 6:50 PM EST
Android 4.1.2 with build number XXBMA6 Jelly Bean firmware has been released for the LTE version of Samsung Galaxy S3 with model number I9305. The update brings some minor bug fixes and security tweaks. The XXBMA6 firmware is currently available in Singapore (for StarHub and La Fleur subscribers) but Galaxy S3 users in selected European countries can install the firmware.
Regions supported: Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Spain, UK
The Android 4.1.2 XXBMA6 Jelly Bean firmware can be downloaded via Over-The-Air (OTA) as well as through Samsung Kies. For Galaxy S3 LTE users who find it difficult to install the firmware using either of the official methods, we present the following advice on manual updating. IBTimes UK reminds its readers that it will not be held liable for any damage to the device.
1) Install USB driver for Samsung Galaxy S3 on the computer.
2) Enable USB Debugging Mode. [Press Menu>> Settings>> Applications. From there navigate and tap on Development option and ensure the USB Debugging is turned on.]
3) The battery of the Galaxy S3 should have more than 80 per cent of charge.
4) The phone will lose any custom ROM with the installation of official Jelly Bean firmware.
5) The device will no longer be rooted once the firmware is installed.
6) Back up all important data.
7) Extract downloaded archive only once. If the extracted zip does not contain any modem, CSC or pit file, these files are not required.
8) Users are advised to verify the model number of their phones since this Jelly Bean firmware is compatible only with Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE I9305, not with any other variants.
Steps to install Android 4.1.2 XXBMA6 Jelly Bean on Galaxy S3 LTE I9305
1) Download Android 4.1.2 XXBMA6 Jelly Bean for Galaxy S3 to the computer. Extract the firmware zip file to get a.tar file and some other files
2) Download Odin 3.07 and extract the zip file to get Odin3 v3.07.exe along with a few other files
3) Switch off the Galaxy S3 and put it into Download Mode. Press and hold Volume Down, Home and Power buttons together until the Samsung logo appears on the screen. Wait for a few seconds and the device will be in Download Mode soon
4) Open Odin on the computer
5) Plug in the USB cable to the phone to connect it to the computer. A message saying 'Added' will arrive under Odin's message box. When the device is connected to the computer successfully, COM port with a number in Yellow will also appear
Note: If the Added message does not appear then try another USB cable (try the USB port located at the back side of the computer). If that also does not work then reinstall the driver.
6) Now select these files, which are extracted from the XXBMA6 folder, in the mentioned order to install on the phone
a) Click the PDA button and select the .tar file with code in its name
b) Click the Phone button and select file with Modem in its name
c) Click the CSC button and select file with CSC in its name
d) Click the PIT button and select the .pit file
Note: Ignore the last three steps, if these files are not found.
7) Ensure Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time checkboxes are selected in Odin window. Also verify the Re-partition checkbox is selected, if a .pit file is being used
8) Now click the Start button in Odin to begin the installation process
9) Once the installation is complete, the phone will reboot automatically and soon a message saying Pass with green background in the extreme left box at the top of Odin will appear. Now safely unplug the USB cable from the phone
Note: If the phone gets stuck at booting animation (after step 9) then enter into recovery mode. To do so press and hold Volume Up, Home and Power button together. In the recovery mode, perform data wiping task by selecting Wipe Data/Factory reset and after the completion of the action select Reboot System now.
The Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE I9305 should be now updated with Android 4.1.2 XXBMA6 Jelly Bean official firmware. Navigate to Settings>> About Phone to verify the software version running on the phone.
Click here to learn how to root Galaxy S3 LTE on Android 4.1.2 XXBMA6 Jelly Bean firmware.
[Source: Android Jinn]
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- Obama’s Bid To Blame Intelligence Chief For Inaction On ISIS Backfires: McCain Asks Obama To Admit Own Mistakes