‘Race 2’ Box Office Collection: Action-Thriller Earns ₹35 Crore in Two Days
By Ankita Mehta | January 27, 2013 6:15 PM EST
Action-thriller "Race 2" had a fabulous start on the opening day at the box office in India. The first big release of the year grossed in ₹15.12 crore on Friday and ₹20.72 crore on Saturday.
At ₹15 crore "Race 2" has emerged as the biggest opener released in the year 2013.
Directed by duo Abbas-Mustan, the film was released across 3,200 screens in India. The two-day total of the film at the domestic box office is ₹35.84 crore.
"We are very happy with the opening of "Race 2". To ensure we get maximum numbers, the film was released in 3,200 screens - third largest till date. We are expecting a great weekend," Gaurav Verma, director - India Theatrical Distribution, Studios, Disney UTV, said in a statement.
The second day collection of "Race 2" is slightly better than that of Salman Khan's "Dabangg 2" which was released last year. While "Dabangg 2" minted ₹19.06 crore on its second day, "Race 2" raked in ₹20.72 crore.
The Republic Day holiday on Saturday particularly helped the business of the film. The multi-starrer film is expected to show a jump in its collections on Sunday as well.
According to film critic and trade analyst Taran Adarsh, the first day territorial breakup of the film is: Mumbai 5.25 cr, Delhi and UP 3.10 cr, Punjab 1.25 cr, CP 75 lacs, CI 57 lacs, Rajasthan 1.05 cr, Nizam 80 lacs Mysore 90 lacs, TNK 30 lacs, WB 55 lacs, Bihar 25 lacs, Assam 15 lacs, Odisha 20 lacs.
The action-thriller is a sequel to 2008 film "Race". Saif Ali Khan and Anil Kapoor are reprising their respective roles in the sequel, while other stars like John Abraham, Deepika Padukone, Jacqueline Fernandez and Ameesha Patel are new additions to the franchise.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kate Middleton Will Name Second Child Diana, Camilla Parker-Bowles Not Invited to Prince George’s Birthday - Reports
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- NCIS Season 12 Spoilers: Fans Fear Cote de Pablo Not Coming Back, Tony DiNozzo Moving On from Ziva David
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon