‘Race 2’ Box Office Collection: Action-Thriller Earns ₹35 Crore in Two Days
By Ankita Mehta | January 27, 2013 6:15 PM EST
Action-thriller "Race 2" had a fabulous start on the opening day at the box office in India. The first big release of the year grossed in ₹15.12 crore on Friday and ₹20.72 crore on Saturday.
At ₹15 crore "Race 2" has emerged as the biggest opener released in the year 2013.
Directed by duo Abbas-Mustan, the film was released across 3,200 screens in India. The two-day total of the film at the domestic box office is ₹35.84 crore.
"We are very happy with the opening of "Race 2". To ensure we get maximum numbers, the film was released in 3,200 screens - third largest till date. We are expecting a great weekend," Gaurav Verma, director - India Theatrical Distribution, Studios, Disney UTV, said in a statement.
The second day collection of "Race 2" is slightly better than that of Salman Khan's "Dabangg 2" which was released last year. While "Dabangg 2" minted ₹19.06 crore on its second day, "Race 2" raked in ₹20.72 crore.
The Republic Day holiday on Saturday particularly helped the business of the film. The multi-starrer film is expected to show a jump in its collections on Sunday as well.
According to film critic and trade analyst Taran Adarsh, the first day territorial breakup of the film is: Mumbai 5.25 cr, Delhi and UP 3.10 cr, Punjab 1.25 cr, CP 75 lacs, CI 57 lacs, Rajasthan 1.05 cr, Nizam 80 lacs Mysore 90 lacs, TNK 30 lacs, WB 55 lacs, Bihar 25 lacs, Assam 15 lacs, Odisha 20 lacs.
The action-thriller is a sequel to 2008 film "Race". Saif Ali Khan and Anil Kapoor are reprising their respective roles in the sequel, while other stars like John Abraham, Deepika Padukone, Jacqueline Fernandez and Ameesha Patel are new additions to the franchise.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- Kendall Jenner Rocks Semi-Nude Balmain Lattice Dress At Paris Fashion Week [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 1, 2014: Hope Reveals Something To Wyatt And Katie Almost Loses A Loved One [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- ‘Orange is the New Black Story’ Season 3 Update: New Corrections Officer To Be Introduced, Likely To Take Pornstache's Position At Litchfield Penitentiary
- “American Horror Story” Season 4 Spoilers: Emma Roberts' Maggie And Evan Peters’ Jimmy Darling To Be In A Romantic Relationship
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks