Robert Herjavec, 'Shark Tank' Entrepreneur, Wrecks Ferrari During Race At Daytona
By IB Times Staff Reporter | January 27, 2013 7:54 AM EST
Robert Herjavec, a millionaire entrepreneur and one of the stars of the ABC show “Shark Tank,” was in a car crash during a race at the Daytona International Speedway on Friday.
Herjavec was bumped from behind on the seventh lap of the inaugural Ferrari Challenge, which runs on a 3.56-mile course. The Associated Press reported that Herjavec was treated and released at the infield care center at the center of the track.
He later tweeted: “thx everyone 4 your concern-medical released me-rammed from behind- frustrated but OK-car should be OK for race (hash) 2 tmrow.”
Herjavec later wrote that his car -- which is adorned with shark teeth in homage to his television show -- had been repaired and will be ready to race again soon.
“It’s physically impossible to race sideways like that. But it was great. Halfway through, you get over the fear,” he told the Nascar News Journal of Daytona, before the crash.
“Shark Tank,” which debuted on ABC in 2009, features Herjavec and four other entrepreneurs hearing pitches from upstart business owners hoping to convince the “sharks” for an investment … or at least get some publicity.
The 49-year-old made his fortune as the founder of BRAK Internet security software, and selling it to AT&T. He currently serves as the CEO of The Herjavec Group, another security software company, which is valued at over $100 million.
The entrepreneur previously compared his business method with his life on the race track during an interview with Inc.com.
“I own a Ferrari race team, and we race all over North America. It's kind of like business; if you move fast, sometimes poo-poo happens,” Herjavec said in June 2012. “I had gone around a corner, and had just done a fast lap, and I should have lifted the throttle. So I crashed. Just like in business, you have to know when to lift off.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2