Robert Herjavec, 'Shark Tank' Entrepreneur, Wrecks Ferrari During Race At Daytona
By IB Times Staff Reporter | January 27, 2013 7:54 AM EST
Robert Herjavec, a millionaire entrepreneur and one of the stars of the ABC show “Shark Tank,” was in a car crash during a race at the Daytona International Speedway on Friday.
Herjavec was bumped from behind on the seventh lap of the inaugural Ferrari Challenge, which runs on a 3.56-mile course. The Associated Press reported that Herjavec was treated and released at the infield care center at the center of the track.
He later tweeted: “thx everyone 4 your concern-medical released me-rammed from behind- frustrated but OK-car should be OK for race (hash) 2 tmrow.”
Herjavec later wrote that his car -- which is adorned with shark teeth in homage to his television show -- had been repaired and will be ready to race again soon.
“It’s physically impossible to race sideways like that. But it was great. Halfway through, you get over the fear,” he told the Nascar News Journal of Daytona, before the crash.
“Shark Tank,” which debuted on ABC in 2009, features Herjavec and four other entrepreneurs hearing pitches from upstart business owners hoping to convince the “sharks” for an investment … or at least get some publicity.
The 49-year-old made his fortune as the founder of BRAK Internet security software, and selling it to AT&T. He currently serves as the CEO of The Herjavec Group, another security software company, which is valued at over $100 million.
The entrepreneur previously compared his business method with his life on the race track during an interview with Inc.com.
“I own a Ferrari race team, and we race all over North America. It's kind of like business; if you move fast, sometimes poo-poo happens,” Herjavec said in June 2012. “I had gone around a corner, and had just done a fast lap, and I should have lifted the throttle. So I crashed. Just like in business, you have to know when to lift off.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- Queen Elizabeth and Kate Middleton Clash Again: Duchess Scared of Difficult Pregnancy, Adopting Second 'Royal' Baby - Reports
- True Blood Spoilers: Alcide Killed because Season 7 is Bill, Sookie’s Season
- The Bold and the Beautiful Spoilers for July 31, 2014: Plans, Conditions and Ultimatums in B&B [WATCH VIDEO]
- Supernatural Season 10 Spoilers: Metatron Capable of Saving Castiel's Fading Grace
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools