Robert Herjavec, 'Shark Tank' Entrepreneur, Wrecks Ferrari During Race At Daytona
By IB Times Staff Reporter | January 27, 2013 7:54 AM EST
Robert Herjavec, a millionaire entrepreneur and one of the stars of the ABC show “Shark Tank,” was in a car crash during a race at the Daytona International Speedway on Friday.
Herjavec was bumped from behind on the seventh lap of the inaugural Ferrari Challenge, which runs on a 3.56-mile course. The Associated Press reported that Herjavec was treated and released at the infield care center at the center of the track.
He later tweeted: “thx everyone 4 your concern-medical released me-rammed from behind- frustrated but OK-car should be OK for race (hash) 2 tmrow.”
Herjavec later wrote that his car -- which is adorned with shark teeth in homage to his television show -- had been repaired and will be ready to race again soon.
“It’s physically impossible to race sideways like that. But it was great. Halfway through, you get over the fear,” he told the Nascar News Journal of Daytona, before the crash.
“Shark Tank,” which debuted on ABC in 2009, features Herjavec and four other entrepreneurs hearing pitches from upstart business owners hoping to convince the “sharks” for an investment … or at least get some publicity.
The 49-year-old made his fortune as the founder of BRAK Internet security software, and selling it to AT&T. He currently serves as the CEO of The Herjavec Group, another security software company, which is valued at over $100 million.
The entrepreneur previously compared his business method with his life on the race track during an interview with Inc.com.
“I own a Ferrari race team, and we race all over North America. It's kind of like business; if you move fast, sometimes poo-poo happens,” Herjavec said in June 2012. “I had gone around a corner, and had just done a fast lap, and I should have lifted the throttle. So I crashed. Just like in business, you have to know when to lift off.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports