Robert Herjavec, 'Shark Tank' Entrepreneur, Wrecks Ferrari During Race At Daytona
By IB Times Staff Reporter | January 27, 2013 7:54 AM EST
Robert Herjavec, a millionaire entrepreneur and one of the stars of the ABC show “Shark Tank,” was in a car crash during a race at the Daytona International Speedway on Friday.
Herjavec was bumped from behind on the seventh lap of the inaugural Ferrari Challenge, which runs on a 3.56-mile course. The Associated Press reported that Herjavec was treated and released at the infield care center at the center of the track.
He later tweeted: “thx everyone 4 your concern-medical released me-rammed from behind- frustrated but OK-car should be OK for race (hash) 2 tmrow.”
Herjavec later wrote that his car -- which is adorned with shark teeth in homage to his television show -- had been repaired and will be ready to race again soon.
“It’s physically impossible to race sideways like that. But it was great. Halfway through, you get over the fear,” he told the Nascar News Journal of Daytona, before the crash.
“Shark Tank,” which debuted on ABC in 2009, features Herjavec and four other entrepreneurs hearing pitches from upstart business owners hoping to convince the “sharks” for an investment … or at least get some publicity.
The 49-year-old made his fortune as the founder of BRAK Internet security software, and selling it to AT&T. He currently serves as the CEO of The Herjavec Group, another security software company, which is valued at over $100 million.
The entrepreneur previously compared his business method with his life on the race track during an interview with Inc.com.
“I own a Ferrari race team, and we race all over North America. It's kind of like business; if you move fast, sometimes poo-poo happens,” Herjavec said in June 2012. “I had gone around a corner, and had just done a fast lap, and I should have lifted the throttle. So I crashed. Just like in business, you have to know when to lift off.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Trial’s Second Week: TPB Founder’s Co-Defendant Answers Questions Plus Jacob Appelbaum Appears
- Miley Cyrus Naked Picture In Bathroom: 'Bangerz' Singer Shares The Racy Picture With Fans
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date