VIDEO Arsenal 3-2 Brighton Highlights: Walcott’s Late Goal Lifts Gunners
January 27, 2013 6:52 AM EST
In a very physical and action-packed match, Theo Walcott’s late goal off the bench boosted Arsenal past Brighton in a 3-2 victory that pushed the Gunners into the fifth round of the FA Cup on Saturday.
Forward Olivier Giroud’s two goals each gave Arsenal a lead, but it was Walcott’s winner in the 85th that broke up a 2-2 score.
The Gunners used a huge possession advantage to pressure Brighton into 15 corner kicks, but the Seagulls made the most of their limited opportunties.
Giroud’s first goal came in the 16th minute, but Brighton’s Ashley Barnes’s score evened things up in the 33rd. Brighton’s Jose Ulloa also tied the game again with a blistering header in front of net in the 62nd minute off a corner kick.
Walcott clinched the win after rebounding a header and sailing a shot from just inside the box past Brighton keeper Casper Ankergren. It was Walcott's first goal in the FA Cup since January of last year, when Arsenal defeated Aston-Villa 3-2.
The highlights for each goal can be seen below.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Novak Djokovic Receives Peugeot 107 Pedal Car For His Newborn
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS