Mobile Phones Reveal Dirty Secrets of Love Cheats
By Tom Porter | January 27, 2013 4:54 AM EST
More love rats are caught out by incriminating evidence on their mobile phones than any other way, according to new research.
The poll, conducted among 2,390 adults who had either had affairs or been cheated on, said the infidelity had frequently come to light thanks to a mobile phone.
For 41 percent, the mobile phone provided the tell-tale evidence, while 23 percent said an affair was uncovered by going through social media accounts. A further 13 percent said that the evidence was discovered on a computer or tablet.
Users of iPhones were most likely to be caught. One-fifth of those who had been exposed were hung out to dry by the Apple device's auto-preview feature, which displays messages even if the phone is locked.
Ten per cent of those polled said they had broken a phone, for example by throwing it, in an argument with a partner.
The poll was commissioned by mobileinsurance.co.uk after it noted a rise in the number of claims for damage to phones caused by relationship splits or arguments.
Managing director John Lamerton said, "You'd be surprised how often relationship arguments and cheating gets cited in mobile phone insurance claims, even though we often don't ask for that depth of detail.
"Evidently, those being unfaithful in relationships need to keep better tabs on who is looking at their mobile phone, as it's by far the most common way in which cheaters are caught. Either that, or they should nip their cheating ways in the bud!"
Being caught in flagrante delicto exposed 11 percent of those cheating, while 5 percent had their affair reported by a friend and 3 percent by a family member.
Only 2 percent confessed to their wrongdoing without being exposed.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ebola Virus Might Reach Australia in Months; Health Dept Says Australia Prepared For Outbreak
- Woman, 40, Charged after Six Baby Corpses Found in Canada U-Haul Locker
- ISIS Educates Young Children in 'School of Jihad,' Deploys Them in Active Combat After Graduation [VIDEO]
- Six English Words Which Originated From Arabic
- Seven Weird Things Banned by Governments
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation