FA Cup: Leeds United v Tottenham Hotspur Preview, Where to Watch Live
By Dominic Gover | January 27, 2013 4:19 AM EST
High flying Tottenham Hotspur will hope to capitalise on the uncertainty surrounding Leeds United striker Luciano Becchio when the sides meet in the FA Cup on Sunday 27 January.
Becchio wants to quit Elland Road for "financial reasons", with talks ongoing about the 29-year-old's reported £20,000 a week wages.
Despite the uncertainty surrounding Becchio's future, Leeds manager Neil Warnock could start the Argentinian in the fourth round clash.
Tottenham Hotspur manager Andre Villas Boas will be without midfielder Sandro, who is out with ligament damage. Defender Younes Kaboul also misses the match with a knee injury.
Jan Vertonghen is expected to return from injury for Tottenham, and should line up alongside Michael Dawson in the heart of the defence.
Leeds and Spurs last met in the FA Cup almost three years ago at Elland Road. The Premier League side emerged victorious with striker Jermain Defoe hitting a hat-trick. Becchio found the net for the hosts that day and he could be needed to do the same again.
Leeds boss Warnock looked to put pressure on the visitors from London by predicting Tottenham Hotspur to challenge for a top-two place in Premier League.
"I didn't see a weakness in them last weekend. They are playing with a freedom and are relaxing now that Andre Villas-Boas has got his feet under the table. I think they'll be pushing the top two soon," reported Sky Sports.
"If you look at their team from one to 11, they have everything that I look for in a team. Pace, power, strength and entertainers. I think they are a better side than Chelsea."
Leeds United v Tottenham Hotspur, FA Cup fourth round. The match kicks off at 2pm GMT on Sunday 27 January, and is being shown live on ESPN in the UK.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Fernando Alonso Leaves Ferrari 'For Two Reasons'
- Roger Federer Says He Has Never Seen Rafael Nadal Play So Bad, Wishes That The Spaniard Recuperate Well From Appendicitis
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- Female Boxer Dies In South Africa Following Knockout Blow
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family