FA Cup: Leeds United v Tottenham Hotspur Preview, Where to Watch Live
By Dominic Gover | January 27, 2013 4:19 AM EST
High flying Tottenham Hotspur will hope to capitalise on the uncertainty surrounding Leeds United striker Luciano Becchio when the sides meet in the FA Cup on Sunday 27 January.
Becchio wants to quit Elland Road for "financial reasons", with talks ongoing about the 29-year-old's reported £20,000 a week wages.
Despite the uncertainty surrounding Becchio's future, Leeds manager Neil Warnock could start the Argentinian in the fourth round clash.
Tottenham Hotspur manager Andre Villas Boas will be without midfielder Sandro, who is out with ligament damage. Defender Younes Kaboul also misses the match with a knee injury.
Jan Vertonghen is expected to return from injury for Tottenham, and should line up alongside Michael Dawson in the heart of the defence.
Leeds and Spurs last met in the FA Cup almost three years ago at Elland Road. The Premier League side emerged victorious with striker Jermain Defoe hitting a hat-trick. Becchio found the net for the hosts that day and he could be needed to do the same again.
Leeds boss Warnock looked to put pressure on the visitors from London by predicting Tottenham Hotspur to challenge for a top-two place in Premier League.
"I didn't see a weakness in them last weekend. They are playing with a freedom and are relaxing now that Andre Villas-Boas has got his feet under the table. I think they'll be pushing the top two soon," reported Sky Sports.
"If you look at their team from one to 11, they have everything that I look for in a team. Pace, power, strength and entertainers. I think they are a better side than Chelsea."
Leeds United v Tottenham Hotspur, FA Cup fourth round. The match kicks off at 2pm GMT on Sunday 27 January, and is being shown live on ESPN in the UK.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- Toni Nadal Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time
- Chelsea FC: Thibaut Courtois Thanks Cech For Tips Following Injury Scare, Not Ready To Relinquish No. 1 Spot
- Manchester United: Did Ed Woodward Really Uttered Expletives During The Red Devils' Draw Against West Brom?
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia