Apple Co-Founder Wozniak Blasts New Steve Jobs Movie [VIDEO]
By Timur Moon | January 27, 2013 1:57 AM EST
Kutcher stars alongside Josh Gad in the film, which premiered at the Sundance Film Festival, but his performance has been derided as "totally wrong" by Jobs' technical wizard.
"Woz" as he is known among internet communities, said the film's depiction of his relationship with the Apple founder was "not close", after a promotional clip of the film was released on the Gizmodo website.
Writing on the site, he said: "We never had such interaction and roles. I'm not even sure what it's getting at."
In a slight concession to Gad, Wozniak added: "Personalities are very wrong, although mine is closer."
The clip depicts Jobs and Woz discussing the potential impact of the computing system Wozniak has designed. In the clip, Wozniak is seen as sceptical as to the merits of his invention, shouting at Jobs: "Nobody wants to buy a computer! Nobody!"
But Wozniak hinted that the film's depiction of Jobs as the creative genius behind the company was wide of the mark, and in fact it was he, Wozniak, who was the pioneer.
"His [Jobs's] idea was to make a $20 PC board and sell it for $40 to help people at the club build the computer I'd given away," said Wozniak. "He always saw a way to make a quick buck off my designs."
Even the costumes worn in the film were inaccurate, said Wozniak. "I never wore a tie back then," he recalled. "I wore blue jeans and the same style blue button-up shirt every day of my life. I was not like a professional in demeanour ever."
He added: "The movie should be very popular and I hope it's entertaining. It may be very correct, as well. This is only one clip. But you'll see the direction they are slanting the movie in, just by the dialogue style of this script."
jOBS premiered at the Sundance Film Festival last week and goes on general release in the US on 19 April
Watch the clip that Woz hated, below.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Six English Words Which Originated From Arabic
- ISIS Educates Young Children in 'School of Jihad,' Deploys Them in Active Combat After Graduation [VIDEO]
- Robots May Be Used to Fight Ebola in West Africa; Australian PM Admits US, UK Asked For Medical Teams
- Decades-Long Mystery of Oklahoma Lake Solved, Missing Six Bodies Identified
- Belgium Chocolate Maker ISIS Forced To Change Brand Name To Escape Customer Fury
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS