Apple Co-Founder Wozniak Blasts New Steve Jobs Movie [VIDEO]
By Timur Moon | January 27, 2013 1:57 AM EST
Kutcher stars alongside Josh Gad in the film, which premiered at the Sundance Film Festival, but his performance has been derided as "totally wrong" by Jobs' technical wizard.
"Woz" as he is known among internet communities, said the film's depiction of his relationship with the Apple founder was "not close", after a promotional clip of the film was released on the Gizmodo website.
Writing on the site, he said: "We never had such interaction and roles. I'm not even sure what it's getting at."
In a slight concession to Gad, Wozniak added: "Personalities are very wrong, although mine is closer."
The clip depicts Jobs and Woz discussing the potential impact of the computing system Wozniak has designed. In the clip, Wozniak is seen as sceptical as to the merits of his invention, shouting at Jobs: "Nobody wants to buy a computer! Nobody!"
But Wozniak hinted that the film's depiction of Jobs as the creative genius behind the company was wide of the mark, and in fact it was he, Wozniak, who was the pioneer.
"His [Jobs's] idea was to make a $20 PC board and sell it for $40 to help people at the club build the computer I'd given away," said Wozniak. "He always saw a way to make a quick buck off my designs."
Even the costumes worn in the film were inaccurate, said Wozniak. "I never wore a tie back then," he recalled. "I wore blue jeans and the same style blue button-up shirt every day of my life. I was not like a professional in demeanour ever."
He added: "The movie should be very popular and I hope it's entertaining. It may be very correct, as well. This is only one clip. But you'll see the direction they are slanting the movie in, just by the dialogue style of this script."
jOBS premiered at the Sundance Film Festival last week and goes on general release in the US on 19 April
Watch the clip that Woz hated, below.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Meeks Death Hoax: Handsome Felon's Fake Death after Release from Jail Goes Viral
- Happy Birthday Prince George: 5 Things to Know About Kate Middleton and Prince William’s Son
- Prince George’s Birthday Celebrations: Prince Charles and Duchess Camilla to Remain Absent from Grandson's First Birthday Party Plus Other Details- Report
- Tony Abbott Launches #BringThemHome Operation for MH17 Victims; Black Avatars Trending on Social Media
- 'Dronies' to Become Latest Trend as Tourism New Zealand Buys Drone to Record Tourists' Videos
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales