Burt Reynolds Hospitalized In Intensive Care For Flu And Dehydration
By Eric Brown | January 26, 2013 10:48 AM EST
Burt Reynolds has been hospitalized and placed in an intensive-care unit at a Florida hospital because of dehydration and flu symptoms, according to one of his representatives.
Reynolds, 76, came down with the flu this week and went to a Florida hospital Friday afternoon, his rep Erik Kritzer told CNN. At the hospital, the staff moved the actor to the intensive-care unit.
"He is doing better at this time," Kritzer said late Friday afternoon. "We expect, as soon as he gets more fluids, he will be back in a regular room."
Kritzer declined to tell CNN at which hospital Reynolds was staying, saying, “He would like that kept private.”
TMZ reported that Reynolds is expected to make a full recovery soon.
No official word has been given about Reynolds’ mustache, but most expect that the facial hair will pull through the ordeal, as well.
Currently, 47 of the 50 U.S. states have reported large outbreaks of influenza.
Reynolds began working in Hollywood in the late 1950s, appearing on several TV shows, most notably “Gunsmoke.” In the 1970s, Reynolds became a world-renowned film star after appearing in movies such as “Smokey and the Bandit,” “White Lightning,” “Cannonball Run,” and “The Longest Yard.” In the 1990s, the star made a brief art-house comeback by appearing in Paul Thomas Anderson’s “Boogie Nights.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- The Burka Avenger Educates Children While Fighting For Girls' Education Rights In New Pakistan TV Show
- Christopher Walken To Play Mob Boss In Film Adaptation Of Four Seasons Musical 'Jersey Boys'
- William Cantrell Mistakes Human Ashes For Cocaine, May Have Snorted Remains
- Giant Alligator Eats 80-Pound Dog In North Carolina, Gator May Still Be Alive
- Steve McQueen's Last Ride, 1952 Custom Chevy Pickup Truck, Hits The Auction Block
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Shifts Blame On US For Ukraine Crisis, Putin Accuses West of 'Remaking World'
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine