Burt Reynolds Hospitalized In Intensive Care For Flu And Dehydration
By Eric Brown | January 26, 2013 10:48 AM EST
Burt Reynolds has been hospitalized and placed in an intensive-care unit at a Florida hospital because of dehydration and flu symptoms, according to one of his representatives.
Reynolds, 76, came down with the flu this week and went to a Florida hospital Friday afternoon, his rep Erik Kritzer told CNN. At the hospital, the staff moved the actor to the intensive-care unit.
"He is doing better at this time," Kritzer said late Friday afternoon. "We expect, as soon as he gets more fluids, he will be back in a regular room."
Kritzer declined to tell CNN at which hospital Reynolds was staying, saying, “He would like that kept private.”
TMZ reported that Reynolds is expected to make a full recovery soon.
No official word has been given about Reynolds’ mustache, but most expect that the facial hair will pull through the ordeal, as well.
Currently, 47 of the 50 U.S. states have reported large outbreaks of influenza.
Reynolds began working in Hollywood in the late 1950s, appearing on several TV shows, most notably “Gunsmoke.” In the 1970s, Reynolds became a world-renowned film star after appearing in movies such as “Smokey and the Bandit,” “White Lightning,” “Cannonball Run,” and “The Longest Yard.” In the 1990s, the star made a brief art-house comeback by appearing in Paul Thomas Anderson’s “Boogie Nights.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- The Burka Avenger Educates Children While Fighting For Girls' Education Rights In New Pakistan TV Show
- Christopher Walken To Play Mob Boss In Film Adaptation Of Four Seasons Musical 'Jersey Boys'
- William Cantrell Mistakes Human Ashes For Cocaine, May Have Snorted Remains
- Giant Alligator Eats 80-Pound Dog In North Carolina, Gator May Still Be Alive
- Steve McQueen's Last Ride, 1952 Custom Chevy Pickup Truck, Hits The Auction Block
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar