Lisa D'Amato Broken Nose; Was Alcohol To Blame For 'Top Model's' Face Injury? [GRAPHIC PHOTOS]
By Maria Vultaggio | January 26, 2013 10:27 AM EST
"America's Next Top Model: All-Stars" winner Lisa D'Amato is recovering from a “freak accident” that resulted in the celebrity going under the knife for facial reconstruction surgery.
The 32-year-old allegedly broke her nose and suffered lacerations of her chin, forehead, and lips because of horsing around on the set of a film called "Cowboys and Indians" this month.
"This is real. I broke my nose last night folks! Got rushed to the plastic surgeon & now I'm finished," the star posted on Instagram, where she also shared a photograph of her horrendous injuries.
The reality-televsion star told People magazine she had been doing a handstand against a crew member when the person accidentally moved and D’Amato wound up on her face.
"It was a totally freak accident," D'Amato explained. "It wasn't like we were doing backflips off the balcony."
D'Amato certainly isn’t embarrassed about her injured face, as she has posted pictures on her personal social-media sites.
She appears to have found a silver lining in the cloud of the debacle, which has no doubt caused inconvenience for the people involved in “Cowboys and Indians.”
"I didn't have the best nose in the world to begin with. It gave me character," she joked in her interview with People. "Now I have a nice little nose job. I get a super cute nose."
D'Amato also shared some photos on Facebook:
“Even though I broke my nose last night from my 'daring shenanigans,' I still refuse to live in fear. My face (supposedly) will look even better when it's healed which is a silver lining in this situation but also I finally got my share of injury/pain from the universe to remind me to be more careful. I'll be fine everyone! Annddd, I'll be all healed for my Philippines trip in February!”
Little has been mentioned in coverage of the mishap about D’Amato’s stint on “Celebrity Rehab With Dr. Drew,” but the top model admitted herself she was an alcoholic on that show.
It’s unclear whether either alcohol or drugs were involved in the accident this month.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- The Burka Avenger Educates Children While Fighting For Girls' Education Rights In New Pakistan TV Show
- Christopher Walken To Play Mob Boss In Film Adaptation Of Four Seasons Musical 'Jersey Boys'
- William Cantrell Mistakes Human Ashes For Cocaine, May Have Snorted Remains
- Giant Alligator Eats 80-Pound Dog In North Carolina, Gator May Still Be Alive
- Steve McQueen's Last Ride, 1952 Custom Chevy Pickup Truck, Hits The Auction Block
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates